muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Semi-bluff is when we bet with a hand that doesn't have showdown value at that moment, but may have it in the future, for example, we check-raise with TJ on the 289 flop, we don't have any pair, but if the turn or river comes 7 or Q, we complete the sequence.

source:https://pokerbrasil.com.br/semi-blefe/

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
In general semi bluff your weaker draws, they are intended to fold out your opponents or have some strength when they call. Use your stronger nut sraws to encourage your opponent(s) to stay in the hand. This also helps balance your drawing bluff range.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Semi bllufing means betting or raising with a draw that may be losing in equity but may improve to win on later streets.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, I actually semi-bluffed Mr. Raymer yesterday. I was in seat 7 and he was in 5. I was in the BB w/62c and he makes a raise on the btn and I call. I flop a 2 but there's a J and a 9 as well. I check and he bets about 1/2 the pot and I call. The turn brings a Q and I check. He bets out another half-pot bet and I call. A K hits the river and I make it about 2/3 the pot and he tanks for about 10 seconds, then folds. I'm sure he had my deuces beat, but I think I played the board good enough to sell him on it. I'm actually proud of this semi-bluff. :p

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Once I was on the BB holding A/10, The player on the Button raised to 1,200, 2X my blind, I called and the flop came A,8,9,
I checked and he bet another 1,200, I thought he might have A/K so beating me with a better kicker but having top pair I couldn't give up, I called.
The Turn card came another 8, so now I figured we both could have 2 pair but his kicker would still beat me, I checked again, and again he bet 1,200.
I immediately raised to 2,400, I wanted him to think I had an 8, he called and then a 10 came on the River. Now I bet out 4,800 and he tanked!
I waited a while and eventually said " think it through, You raise, I call, You bet, I call, You bet again, I raise, Now on the River I lead out, What do you think I have?"
He tanked further and eventually some one calls clock on him, He timed out and his hand was dead. I pushed my cards forward and said "Pick one, they are both the same" He said "no thanks, it doesn't matter"
Now the question is was he playing A/K or not, I know he didn't have an 8 or he would have probably shoved on the Turn, So was I bluffing? I certainly was on the turn card, because he probably did have me beat with a better kicker, but the River gave me a better 2 pair if he had Aces and 8s with that King kicker, I just figured I wanted him to believe it was the 8 that paired, that improved my hand not the 10 because as the cards fell I could have had a straight or a Full House? That's what I wanted him to believe!
So that was my favourite Semi-Bluff!

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, there are some ways to play in different situations, which by setting up a semi bluff, an example is playing your hands that have equity to form a very strong hand on the turn or river, but it is still a weak hand, ex:
Hero has 7h5h of BB vs BU open which has AKo
flop comes 4h 9s Jc, hero checks and villain bets 1/3, if you check raise, in my opinion it's a semi bluff because hero has many cards that can hit the turn that will improve your equity and you can continue bluffing because you can do a better than your fold, cards that help you hearts, 8 6 3, in any of these cards if hero bets 60% or more the chance of his semi bluff passing is very high if he doesn't hit even one of these cards, I believe that the best move is to hang up and fold vs villain's bet.
After hitting the 5 cards on the board, there is no longer the possibility of applying a semi bluff, because then it is a pure bluff.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Yes, I do and I play them aggressively :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its kind of an old school concept, and nobody can really define, what the difference is between a bluff or a semibluff. But as a general advice we should rarely bluff on the flop or turn with hands, that missed completely. On the 289 flop its reasonable to C-bet with JT or QJ, but A5 should probably check back, unless it has a flushdraw.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I see our forum players all know what a semi-bluff is so I can say that our players are very educated and know such things. Don't think that we have weak players and don't know such things, our level of forum players is high even very

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
yes I know))) my semi-bluffs are very winning for me depending on who I play with