Do you guys have concerns about data privacy in poker rooms?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time to time i'm a little bit worried about the data privacy. Do you guys, have this kinds of concerns?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure, what you mean by "data privacy", so please explain a bit more.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust licensed poker rooms and do not suspect them about anything particularly malicious, but one needs to be careful with anything online.
Hackers are one issue, but I am more afraid about the collusion of any type.
You can read the story about a former Amazon worker, who got upset and leaked thousands of customers credit card details.
Let us hope that pokerstars pays their employees good enough not to be tempted with similar ideas.
As myself I use different passwords for different sites
have few emails , one for the friends, one for business, one for online payments etc.
My card is not connected with my main bank account but with the current account that has a limited amount of money in it.
The same is with paypal I would not store a large amount of money there but supply the account with the money only shortly before needed transaction.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure, what you mean by "data privacy", so please explain a bit more.

Well i mean that your personal info can be sell to third parties like often happens with big sites

I trust licensed poker rooms and do not suspect them about anything particularly malicious, but one needs to be careful with anything online.
Hackers are one issue, but I am more afraid about the collusion of any type.
You can read the story about a former Amazon worker, who got upset and leaked thousands of customers credit card details.
Let us hope that Pokerstars pays their employees good enough not to be tempted with similar ideas.
As myself I use different passwords for different sites
have few emails , one for the friends, one for business, one for online payments etc.
My card is not connected with my main bank account but with the current account that has a limited amount of money in it.
The same is with Paypal I would not store a large amount of money there but supply the account with the money only shortly before needed transaction.

Thanks for the advice, it is exactly what i often fear and i need to work little to open some new account so i can't be affected if any data breach happens

Last edited by a moderator: