Do you bluff in online poker?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often or if any do you bluff in online poker?

As well, when is the best time to try to bluff and profit?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is no answer for your question because poker is not that simple. Every situation is different, you play on differents boards and versus different opponents on different positions. Too many factors. There are even more advanced factors like proportions valuebets to bluffs. If I would like to give just simple advice about bluffing then bluff with some decent equity like oesd, fd etc. But if you ask about bluffing so I guess you don't play high so mostly bet once and give up on turn because your opponents do not like to fold anyway on micro limits. Unless you know your opponent and have some reads.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that evaluating table players is important at the time of bluffing, try to bluff against weak players, those who tend to fold when pressed.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With online poker it’s easier to bluff more often because you are taking the human factor out of it but it’s harder because you can play against thousands of people that you have no idea how they play. I find myself bluffing more than usual when I am sitting at a table for a reasonable amount of time and I have some kind of read on a players pattern of betting.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The silly answer is ...you should bluff when you think you can get away with it, whether it be a value bluff, an outright bluff, or a post-oak bluff(betting really small relative to the size of the pot to make your opponent think you are trying to extract every ounce of value, but in reality you have nothing).

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i do it too much online. I play it like live and its not good. Im trying to reduce my bluffing. And for the advice, you have my thread which is mainly focused on live poker, but can be implemented in online strategy for good tournaments.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an important part of my game.Tourneys would last way to long if you have to play just premium hands so I bluff on occasion to shorten the game.:D:D

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't bluff, you will probably lose.

Statistically you will always lose if you don't bluff at some point, unless of course you have an unlimited stack. How often do you have the best hand, even after the river? Try keeping track and you will see.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously every situation is different but typically im only "semi-bluffing" online. I'll throw out a big bet if I have some form of draw but wont really bluff if I think I'm way behind and drawing nearly dead.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello!

Of course I bluff, almost every hand! I do not know what's the best time to bluff, but that's what I'm trying to understand (I'm an amateur in poker)!:elefant::icon_stud

:)

:top:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I bluff , but for sure not enough , and not as much as I would want to get satisfying amount of blinds/pots to move on . I am trying to fix it , it needs time :)
I see guys at some games bluffing big time , some they play all their stack even if its not critical , as long as they have the chance to get the chips (not to get crippled if they loose ) and a chance to play for more money in the tournament if they win this Big Bluff (from 3rd for 1st etc) , it's really amazing how they do this . They read your gameplay , the specific hand and they strike hard !!! I wouldn't call them if I hadn't the nuts !!
For small bluffs , especially in HU , I think it's a routine :)

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an important part of poker, and it's important to know against whom and when to use this technique.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

rule number 1, do not bluff too often. If it worked for you once, that's great. Wait before doing it again. Bluff only if you know you'll win.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff against players who play everything! and bluffalot

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
EVERYONE bluff at one stage or another albeit big or small

R

rosa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the bluff is a tool of poker, reraise and other decision making, the bluff should be done only on a few occasions, in the last case, you should make the opponent believe in your lie as being a truth

J

james bright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

yes usually in the big blind when they are really high with 1 caller i will bluff if i dont have it and i usually take it down if it dont check the turn if he checks bluff again on the river.I usually go deep and this tactic can bring me to the final table gotta steal those blinds and antes anyways good luck!!

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Such a unanswered question. A good kind of bluff is if you have a run run flush or a run run straight drawn.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well, I do a lot of bluffing because I want to get stacks - because I know it's from stack to stack to get a mtt. but I know how to sit or bluff. I think the bluff is the right time, so identify the moment and do it without fear. Good luck.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BLUFF

I think the time to bluff is when you are in a stack that allows you to play like a tournament with 40 or above BB's not temm as crimp or get a huge field of FT MTT without stealing pot

But beginning with a short stack and out of ITM agree to play with technique and no bluff.
:jd4:mateuspoker

Vin Keyzone

Vin Keyzone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't we all? Bluffing is so much harder to read when online rather than "live" where facial expressions, tone of voice or mannerisms are into play.