Do you adjust your play when running hot?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You win a couple off hands following your strategy. So you play a couple off hands that normally you wont, so you are on fire, you keep going in poor hands pushing your look or fold as you usually would do?

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You win a couple off hands following your strategy. So you play a couple off hands that normally you wont, so you are on fire, you keep going in poor hands pushing your look or fold as you usually would do?
As long as you can still play good poker while opening your range then more power to you. Just make sure your not donking chips by chasing rivers that don't justify the odds. Lets Play Poker!

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The deeper my stack gets the wider I am opening, but I don't play recklessly chasing draws or getting all in with marginal holdings.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When on a heater i will def use it to my advantage and open my range, but still always have to keep trying not to piss away my lead

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are deepstacked in a poker tournament, opening your range a bit more can be very profitable.
You just have to know when to fold your hands and don't start chasing ridiculous odds.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

like my preposter already wrote with an deep stack you can open your range a but but you shouldnt do it only because you hit the board luckily.

if you hit a big flog mit 27o two times it is still a bad hand.
try to use the swing a bit but dont change your game that much ;)

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the tournament or cash-game. Depending on how many players are left, on how much money is in the pot, on how much more money I make when climbing the ladder I adjust my game.

Greets!

M

marco3266960

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning!
If the game begins to flow well and luck is at my side, I keep opening, cautiously and without risky moves, chasing out draws and discarding marginal cards.
Growing up in the tournament

E

essimicke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know, I've never ran hot lol

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time to time...

If I win hands most of the time with my playing style, why should I change it? I would risk more. I would only do it if I have a big chip pot and if I could know the style of play of my opponents. :cool::cool::cool:

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
donkeys and fishes

always get called with top pairs and the fishes crack them with trash

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adjusting the game is always good, especially when it is not going well.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on

It depends on a place, a player and development.

There is also a case that It wins the victory in a tournament in about 2nd of tearing.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I always play in cold blood, and following the strategy, and I'm a robot ------ NO I am a living person))) and maybe that's why I'm not very successful in poker)))

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

I never have my game and I always bet on it

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes find that I have to be aware of table image and flow adjusting in home games if I'm running hot. (Only play 9 man SnGs other than that so not much time to truly 'run hot').

If I've won a load of hands and taken down a load of pots without showdown, I know to expect a bit of kickback (they don't know what cards I have had) from the other players through frustration - as they loosen up their ranges so much, I tighten back up for a bit and try and catch them out and then gradually loosen up again to start stealing more again and pressuring without getting too much unnecessary action. I hope that's a good strategy - seems to work!

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually because when all is flowing good, something wrong is going to happen hahaha

S

Samplz22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I lose all wins whe I get too eager.

T

Tylerstevenson1919

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No I don’t I keep playing good hands

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when im running hot, I become too eager to play loose and other times I play to my strategy. So it is yes and no.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Running hot should not change your methods...Just your stack size! The method you are using is why you ran hot! Don't change it to a loser.