Do I call? Do I fold?

RiverRick

RiverRick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often should you call with top pair when you get jammed on, on the river when no draws complete or even when draws complete?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call 100% of the time unless I should be calling 0% of the time, but I also call somewhere in between as well.

Pretty vague, huh?

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you was playing live id say rarely(call) but since we are talking online they most likely have trips or 2 pair or bluffing

K

Ktv2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the situation, I usually play it !

A

AAndi72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Howoften should you call with top pair when you get jammed on, on the river when no draws complete or even when draws complete?

I think it depends, what happened pre-flop? Did you raise last one?
If yes, when you hit top-pair post-flop I would raise.
When you called a raise pre-flop or just limped I would check, when then get raised -> Call
When the raiser checks you can raise or at showdown, when he raises then re-raise.
If you're not sure check.. check... and check through :)
If you have a draw and complete then raise.
When you can't complete the draw, question is how did you play this draw?
Will your opponent would believe you a bluff and then fold? :)

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no universal rule to this. It depends on a lot of things (stack sizes, tournament stage, quantity and quality of the opponents, your goal in tournament etc.), but I would say, if you feel like calling - call, and opposite. Only you make the desicion and you know the best. I would call more than fold😊

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often should you call with top pair when you get jammed on, on the river when no draws complete or even when draws complete?

From experience, even with a dry board, I almost always fold because there’s a wide range of hands that beat you i.e. over pairs like kings or aces. Trips also beat you. Two pair also beats you.

When someone jams on you, I would only call if 1) you can cover it 2) you have Ace top pair with a strong kicker like A10s+

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your going to call when someone jams. You better have a good read that you have at minimum the better kicker with top pair.

The goal is to try to be in the lead when calling a jam.

Folding in Poker