Dealing With Running Bad

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am losing my mind. Over the course of the past 15K hands I have run bad by 11BB/100. I am a microstakes player, and I play only when I have free time. I know I am not losing lots of money, although I am definitely losing money. The bigger thing is I just have no confidence when I put any hand in. I have had 10 beats in the last 2 days where I was 80% plus favorite to win and all of them were all-ins. By contrast I have only won 4 all ins and in only 2 of them was I a dog. There are other hands where I am running KK into 44 and they're turning a set. Nothing I am doing is going right. I don't mean to complain, although I know that's probably what this sounds like. I just feel helpless and I do not know how to deal with losing like this. Just looking for tips for how to deal with running extremely, almost unbelievably, bad.

N

nyeesssss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
taking a break helps. if u went all in with KK vs 44 you should be happy even if you lose this time cause that is a moneymaking move and in the long run you are going to make money.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Mental breaks are definitely useful. Especially since you're just a recreational player that only plays occasionally during free time, your next session is just around the corner and maybe it'll go better. If you've been satisfied by your decision making, then hopefully and eventually it'll go your way over time with variance.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first you should stop complaining, I know its frustrating to play right and still lose but variance is a part of the game, my advice is to not be result oriented.