Dealing with constant c-betters

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are players who constantly continuation bet regardless of what they have or who they are in the hand with. I have a few suggestions on how you can handle them, or at least mentalities you need to take when dealing with them

First, you can avoid them like the plague. When they are in the hand, fold anything except premium hands. If you're hesitant to call a c-bet with marginal holdings, then avoiding them may just be the best play for you.

Second, you can resign yourself to call their c-bets in the hopes of out-playing them after the flop. If their c-bets tend to be low bets this is the best option because it allows you to see the flop, get a small pot built relatively cheaply, and then play from the turn and later like a real hand, or even play it with a bluff. If they are c-bet bluffing light they won't stand up to too much pressure.

Third, you put the aggression back on them. If it is highly likely they are c-betting light, then go over the top and put the aggression back on them. But if you're going to do it you should plan on doubling to tripling their raise with your re-raise. It needs to be enough that they don't think, "I'm already in for half, why not call anyway".

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players that increase with any cards, I have a specific range that I use to re-raise against this type of player, I do not like to lower my guard when I have a KQo, apply a re-raise, and even if I do not hit anything on the flop, I continue to bet on pressure for the purpose of making the opponent aggressive fold. Plus it all depends on my stack size, my position at the table, and especially how many players are involved in the hand. I may not be correct in my play against aggressive players, as I consider myself a beginner poker player. Good luck on the tables.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't check raise bluff them all in.

Do min. check raise bluff them. Show to prevent future c-bet vulnerability later in the tournament, especially if you have 35+ BB.

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not like a big problem. Why thing better take a look at the flop. If you have any kind of pair then it's a simple call. May be I will even call to the showdown suspecting he has nothing or just because of curiosity especially when I think that flop isn't his at all.
Calling his 3bets would be unpleasant thing to do . But if I'm of the strongness of my hand I will call.
Too many bluffs and misplays I see on the showdown when it comes to the end.
But my understanding of these moments may be not good enough cause I play microlimits .