Database question

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all I’m a losing player who is studying everyday for as much as I can studying one topic at a time playing maybe twice a week and studying the rest however I’m still losing and I can figure out what I’m doing wrong if it’s as simple as not cbetting enough calling down too wide or whatever it is is there anybody or anywhere I can send my database to so somebody can tell me which spots I’m going wrong in preferable free but I I have to pay I am willing to, I do have a small data base since I’ve just restarted on a new site and my play time is limited due to real life problems but I’m I know if I’m leaking as much as I am I won’t be able to build a good sample size, thanks in advance

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we are beginners it is a waste of time to study the hands you play because we do not have enough knowledge to improve. The ideal way to start is to watch videos - you can find many on the internet - or watch streaming of winning players, where you can learn and imitate what they do, I started that way.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we are beginners it is a waste of time to study the hands you play because we do not have enough knowledge to improve. The ideal way to start is to watch videos - you can find many on the internet - or watch streaming of winning players, where you can learn and imitate what they do, I started that way.
I understand that’s the best way to do it however I’m just getting sick of studying every single day to still not realise what I’m doing wrong.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, you need to get at least 100,000 hands under your belt at your chosen game before you can even begin to find out where you're at.

There is such a thing as too much study. You really have to bank some time at the tables now. Significant time.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, you need to get at least 100,000 hands under your belt at your chosen game before you can even begin to find out where you're at.

There is such a thing as too much study. You really have to bank some time at the tables now. Significant time.
At the rate I’m going I don’t have a bankroll to play 100k hands, and I’ve being told if your a losing player it’s best to study more than what you play

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you playing? I would suggest playing cash tables at the lowest limit possible, ie. 2NL.

I won't ask what your bankroll is as that is personal but if you have say $100, use $19.95 of it to buy 'Crush the Microstakes' by Nathan Williams. (Blackrain79) He posts on here. It will transform your game. Use the rest of your money as a decent 40 buy in bankroll. If poker is for you, and you follow the guidelines in the ebook, you will not go broke.

Seriously, that book changed my whole approach to the game and I have moved well up the levels now after using that as a foundation. I owe him a lot.

Have a look: https://www.blackrain79.com/p/book.html

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi all I’m a losing player who is studying everyday for as much as I can studying one topic at a time playing maybe twice a week and studying the rest however I’m still losing and I can figure out what I’m doing wrong if it’s as simple as not cbetting enough calling down too wide or whatever it is is there anybody or anywhere I can send my database to so somebody can tell me which spots I’m going wrong in preferable free but I I have to pay I am willing to, I do have a small data base since I’ve just restarted on a new site and my play time is limited due to real life problems but I’m I know if I’m leaking as much as I am I won’t be able to build a good sample size, thanks in advance

Without even seeing your data I'd take a wild guess at playing OOP and chasing/calling on the draw... :)

What are you playing, cash or MTT?

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing cash or tournaments?