Daniel Negreanu - SMALL BALL

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting post. Thanks OP. I actually play an eerily similar style of poker, minus the phantom calling Negreanu's tossed in. Didn't think it was 'official' and had a name. I came up with it myself too, adopting the idea of a uniform pre-flop bet from a Phil Gordon video I saw.

Where is this video from? Who put it together?

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for that OP.

Now i see where I'm going wrong, this has helped me quite a bit. I didn't realise how obvious i was being.

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing. Can't imagine how exciting it would be to be coached by Negreanu. Liked the tips he was giving on small ball theory.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've seen this video on youtube before, but thanks for posting it on here. It really does help, it helped me a lot. I can't imagine how exiting it would be to be coached by Negreanu aswell, wish I would get coached by him. :D

Surf Rat

Surf Rat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good lesson for aspiring players from a great player..deffinatlly a good addition to ones repertoire at the tables

B

baghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great insight to the world of small ball must give this a try

bigdog111

bigdog111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the help

How cool would it be to have Daniel Negreanu as your personal coach?, this was a very informative video, thanks again, i'll use it

P

Practical

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel exposed... lol!!! Really good video

A

Aqqachar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice video. I noticed alot of people are trying this style out but they're failing miserably....

jakattack

jakattack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tryed it, but didnt work had 7000 then went down to 2200, then found a trap went i hit the full house back to 8000 and in a nice strong finish to cash in

N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched these videos before and I think its more for live poker than online. Nobody folds online. lol

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched these videos before and I think its more for live poker than online. Nobody folds online. lol
Try playing some of the bigger buyin MTTs with the nits here at CC. Getting peeps to fold is not a problem. Getting action is...:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Most of the MTT's online, you're not deepstacked enough to adopt the small-ball style of play (ie. 1500 starting stack, 10min.levels).
Negreanu devotes a good portion of his most recent book to the small-ball style of play.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watched them again VF txs...

I agree may not work for big MTTs or turbo, mainly for ring or nitty situations (like, as I said, some of the MTT buyins here).

The call/turn bet with nada, and semi-bluff on flop with draw are classic of course. But none of it works at a table full of donks at micro... lol...

Last edited:
mattzan

mattzan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, I tought that on freerolls or micro buy-ins. this strategy won't work very well.. too many donkeys.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smallball poker is not for advanced players, almost all players that i play online use this strategy.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smallball poker is not for advanced players, almost all players that i play online use this strategy.

it is if you want to win at it. i depends highly on read reading skills and making good judgement calls on how the villian will react to your style of play. assessing player reaction and hand reading skill are the hardest skills to learn at poker IMO.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is if you want to win at it. i depends highly on read reading skills and making good judgement calls on how the villian will react to your style of play. assessing player reaction and hand reading skill are the hardest skills to learn at poker IMO.

I agree some aspects of small ball poker are for advanced players but the general small ball style of play is managable even for beginning players.