Crushing the Microstakes by Blackrain 79

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any thoughts on adjusting to Zoom at the same stake levels?

Or is that destined for a followup book?

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doubt theres much new ground breaking strategy to warrant writing a new book on zoom.

Know your opponent or field like in any game of poker which in turn probably means,

steal more

3bet weak opponents more

know your opponents range for stacking in spots

basically its exactly the same game (poker) but the players play a bit differently to the average normal game player (in other words the field plays differently, just like the leap from 5nl normal games to 50nl notmal games), if you can work out what they're doing it should be no different. People always complain that bottom set is never good in zoom or KK is worse pre, but there are the same spots in normal games where you know a guys range is only sets or better but you justify stacking with bottom set because its a "normal" game.

So zoom is just poker like it always has been, more regs to fish, more vpp grinders so the field is usually a lot nittier than normal games. Just play like you would if the same guy was on a normal table.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your stats are 16/8... it doesnt mean you're limping 16%. It means you're putting money into the pot 16%... 8% of which as a pf raiser. He assumes your vpip is 24% because you said you limp 16% and raise 8%.
Yes' that's exactly what I assumed. And fwiw, 16/8 isn't TAG either, it's weak / passive tight.

A

Aktiva22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it safe to buy the book from the site? Seems like a scam?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as WV said, very safe, and excellent book, I bought my copy with poker winnings.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it safe to buy the book from the site? Seems like a scam?

No my website is not a scam lol. It is primarily a poker blog that I have been writing for 5 years. I actually wrote just for myself (zero traffic) for the first 3 years. Then I said who I was as I had a popular PTR page and the traffic started. I have recently expanded it to include things like a small forum and a sales page for my book that was released about 6 months ago. If I can help you out with anything else feel free to pm me on here.

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am really excited to get a copy of this book. I was deciding whether to keep grinding up in the fun steps or make my first deposit ever. Now that I will have this to study I am totally going to hold off on the deposit.

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you on this.... I have had to go back to micro-stakes due to set backs... Had to withdraw over $850 from my Intertop's account to cover some tax issues (Got extension to Oct 15th) but hate "The Man" on my back... So back to $50 BR and this will help greatly! Awesome A+

Moe. :cool:

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So i bought the book. I just w8 to read it.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you on this.... I have had to go back to micro-stakes due to set backs... Had to withdraw over $850 from my Intertop's account to cover some tax issues (Got extension to Oct 15th) but hate "The Man" on my back... So back to $50 BR and this will help greatly! Awesome A+

Moe. :cool:

Hope it does, thanks and GL at the tables.

So i bought the book. I just w8 to read it.

Hi swingro, by "w8 to read it" do you mean there was some problem in receiving the book? If so please send me an email at blackrain79@dragthebar.com and I will get a copy to you ASAP.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope it does, thanks and GL at the tables.

Hi swingro, by "w8 to read it" do you mean there was some problem in receiving the book? If so please send me an email at blackrain79@dragthebar.com and I will get a copy to you ASAP.
No problem at all. I recived it and read it carrefully.
Good book. It is more like a book ment to correct the players who already know the basics. It could make a break even player at this stakes a big winner or increaze the winrate of players who miss some spots in their play.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just purchased it. You seem very intelligent about this game from your posts and I can't wait to get read it (just stopped by to post first) . I can always use improvement. Thank you.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack