vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The most common is to look at a hand when your opponent has a better hand.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, playing poker cannot be without mistakes. We all make mistakes, both in poker and in our personal life, but personally, I try to learn from my mistakes and it helps me improve and get better results. Perhaps the only and most repeated mistake I make is impulsive, hasty decisions.

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Thinking that the opponent is bluffing when they really have a very strong hand, like a flush or straight, and ending up calling with one or two pair.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
the main mistake is mirror thinking. Don't forget a hundred you're playing against real opponents

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be argued that success in poker is simply allowing your opponent to make mistakes. Better poker players make fewer mistakes.

Unless you're clairvoyant it's impossible not to make them, but there are mistakes that we make at times that we KNOW we shouldn't have.
What is the most common thinking error you make at the tables?
I seem to bluff at the wrong person at the wrong time. Going good and I think it is time to toss in a bluff, always backfires on me.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Personally, I feel that I make a lot of mistakes when the bubble opens in an MTT tournament, especially if I'm short of chips, sometimes I don't measure the times well to get very aggressive and I end up leaving before the cashouts, it has happened to me a few times well, all that remains is to keep learning

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Chasing straights and flushes is something most players have trouble with. I have trained myself that most of the time I'm not going to hit that card, so unless the pot is worth it, don't chase it

R

raskopain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for me, the main thinking errors at the Poker table is to think that the villain is Bluffing when is not!

I agree. The bottom line is if the betting pattern indicates the player has a big hand then they do.

The problem is playing in low level games too often where bluffing is very prevelant.

Then you move to a better class of game and boom: yes he has you beat.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
thinking that low suited connectors will deffo hit a flop or straight 100% of the time