Could you help me with this calculation of outs?

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have A Ks and in the fold there are 10s 10d 3c, my outs of how much is it ?, I do not understand very well how to do the calculation.:confused::confused::confused:

Ikeman74

Ikeman74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With this Hand and Board,U are not drawing to any Hand except Trips,Quads,Full House or a Straight,but only on the River.
U cannot calculate Outs,if the next Card doesnt make U a Hand.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before you start counting your out you really need to try and realize equity based off your opponat's range.... the was we start to realize this is reevaluate what actions happen preflop, and what positions did they come from? What is our possition?

For exsample: let's say there was an UTG Raise, and we are in the BB.... that means our Opponant is on a very tight range, and we are very wide... thus we need to consider that Ts are not much in there range, they are holding hands like Axs, 99+, some high suited connectors, JQs+,KQs+, AJo+. This means we can count all of our As Ks as good cards. This would give us 6 out (3 Remaining As, and 3 Remaining Ks).... we also need to understand that Ts, and most def. 3s figuring A3s would be the only 3s in thier range will often not be in thier range, so we should be happy to either check/call a CBet, or semi-bluff check raise figuring if anything other then a Q is very good for our much wider range (we are calling a lot wider then other positions in the BB compared to other positions since we are already in for 1 BB needed to call 2 BBs to continue. This gives us almost 4:1 odds to call or 25%. Meaning to make a preflop raise pre we only need 25% eqiuty
If I have A Ks and in the fold there are 10s 10d 3c, my outs of how much is it ?, I do not understand very well how to do the calculation.:confused::confused::confused:
Before you start counting your out you really need to try and realize equity based off your opponant's range.... to do this we reevaluate what actions happen preflop. What positions did they come from? What is our possition?

For exsample: let's say there was an UTG Raise, and we are in the BB.... that means our opponant is on a very tight range, and we are very wide... thus we need to consider that Ts are not much in there range, they are holding hands like Axs, 99+, some high suited connectors like JTs, T9s JQs+,KQs+, AJo+. This means we can count all of our As Ks as good cards. This would give us 6 out (3 Remaining As, and 3 Remaining Ks since we have the best kicker against each pair, and the chance they have AA or KK is rare since we are holding 1 of each)....

We also need to understand that Ts, and most def. 3s are not the majority of thier range (figuring A3s would be the only 3s in thier range, and Ts are only 2 combinations JTs or T9s) if it is in there range, it's on the looser side. So we should be happy to either check/call a CBet, or semi-bluff check raise. Figuring anything other then a Q comes on the turn is very good for our much wider range. Since we are calling a lot wider preflop in the BB compared to other positions. We are already in for 1 BB needing to call 2 BBs to continue. This gives us almost 4:1 odds to call or 25%. Meaning to make a preflop call from the BB we only need 25% equity or "chance to win"... we are well over this with about 65% of hands in comparison to the very tight, and merged ranges of UTG. Keep in mind this changes when thier is more then 1 caller though. Since our equity becomes a lot lower split between 3 or more players. Even though your odds go up cause there is more money in the pot. Equity becomes much lower then the odds. So we need to be tighting up in this spot....

Now let's say we open from the CO vs. SB call, or we open from the HJ and BB calls. Roughly about the same ranges in comparision. Now we have possition, and since they just called us, we cant put these players on AA, KK, or QQ because they would have 3Bet us pre... but Ts are deffently in thier range even though rare, (since there are 2 on the board) and is also in our range. We both have a lot of backdoor draws, and 3s are pretty irrelevant exspect for the caller from the BB where they could still have hands like 43s and 35s along with any A3....

This means when its checked to us we need to be betting big on this pot, 2/3 pot is normally optimal. If we get a call we then can realvuate the turn.... in these situations it's pointless to be worrying about how meny outs you have. Cause both your range, and opponents range is very comparable.... you either hit this flop or you didnt. Since you have possition advatage you want to use it here.... they either fold, and you pick up the pot (which will happen most of the time because on Avg. You only connect with 30% of flops). They call, and you see a turn (then based off the turn start counting outs to structure your turn bet size), or they check raise. At that point you gage the type of player you are playing. Does this player check raise bluff? Would they check raise this board with 2 overs, thinking I'm CBeting with air? Most of the time I would consider folding to a check raise unless I know they are bluffing at least 40-60% of the time against me....

Now something else to consider AK is going to be played as a 3Bet most of the time. I used exsamples of where it would be used as a call in a single raised pot.... when dealing with 3bets instead of betting 2/3 pot like listed above. We want to be using a much lower bet size since the pot is already inflated. Say around 25-50%. To avoid costing us a lot of money in the rare case they did connect with a T. Granted you will be getting a lot more calls with middle pairs here like 99-44. We still have 6 outs to beat those hands....

Hope this helped....

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some very good answers above.

It is possible that you have (0) zero outs.

Or, your hand may still be superior on that flop and it is your opponent that has to figure out how many outs he has against your hand.

Good luck !

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your outs depend directly on the hand your opponent is holding. With no knowledge of how the hand was played preflop, it's hard to guess. You could very well have the best hand by that point. But let's assume you're behind and see the possibilities.

If your opponent has a pocket pair (except for AA, KK, TT or 33), you have 6 outs and roughly 24% chance of hitting by the river. If they have TT, you're drawing dead. If they have KK, you have 3 outs or around 12% chance of hitting an A by the river. If your opponent has AA, 33 or TX with X not being an A or a K, you'll need runner-runner cards for a backdoor hand. Possibly a straight, a flush or a full house, which would give you, separately, between 0.9 and 4.2% chance of hitting both cards, but I'm not sure how to calculate all of them together.

In any case, most often than not you have the best hand there. Your opponent would probably not be playing a hand like T3, so you should only be afraid of pocket pairs or a T, depending on how the preflop was played.