A

augustolorenzzo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I was playing a freeroll today and the hand I lost my chips was that:
KK
First UTG calls 50, some folds, and the guy before me, calls. I raised 300.
UTG calls and the other guy calls too.

FLOP: A A A

UTG bets 600.

the other guy folds

I thought he was trying to steal the pot and I went all win, cause I had the second nuts and the way he played the hand I didn't think he had A.

But UTG had A3o.

Could I win this hand(maybe if i had raised more before the flop)?

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

UTG bets 600.

the other guy folds

I thought he was trying to steal the pot and I went all win, cause I had the second nuts and the way he played the hand I didn't think he had A.

But UTG had A3o.

After flop I would just fold. anyone who has an A is almost unbeatable, unless someone can make straight flush, which is unlikely.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After flop I would just fold. anyone who has an A is almost unbeatable, unless someone can make straight flush, which is unlikely.

You would just fold huh, you wouldnt call the flop with what should be the strongest hand and at least see if his aggression continued. If so your play would be pretty easily exploitable.

Last edited:
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never know in a free roll, some folks think any A is golden, but a bigger raise certainly couldn't have hurt.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK

UTG bets 600.

the other guy folds

But UTG had A3o.

You were right in thinking he was trying to steal. Who bets quads on the flop?! I would have gone broke on this hand. Difficult to say if raising more folds this guy who is calling a large raise to begin with.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold but i wouldn't raise either. Just let them keep betting and call down, KK on AAA isnt scared of any card hitting because the case A gives you the nuts. So just let villain bet bet bet and if they have the A there isnt anything you can do. When you raise though you allow villain to fold worse hands.

M

Marac43

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well probably you could but it depends about the player you were playing against, maybe he would go all in on A3

Cok1973

Cok1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
your mistake is that you made a 300 raise. count 50 and only, and then see what will fall on the board. it is possible that in the hands of an Ace!

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard raise preflop

I think that as you said you should have done a hard raise preflop and you would've had the hand probably. However the problem is that when you do this kind of raises you can waste a nice top pair with a hand that you could have won by scaring the low hands. You should have folded with that flop or call instead of going all in to see how he keeps playing but it was a really hard decision since that was a crazy bet having the A, hard read.

Funny how just as I am typing this I got a QQ, early stage of a MTT with blind on 30 and I did a 120 bet and everyone folded...

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no way you "should" win that hand. Betting huge preflop just to make everyone fold is wasting a premium hand, you at least want one caller. Then post flop you have to get your hand all-in at some point. 2nd nut when the only thing that can beat you is quads . . . absolutely an all-in. Maybe lead them on a bit, but never fold that hand.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know, people are funny about their aces. Some people won't let go of them preflop no matter what. So as far as you running them off with a big preflop bet not necessarily.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you make an extreme bet it may push the A3 off the hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands