Could i have folded here?

P

PokerPlayer6963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max 4nl.
I am on the small blind with KcKh. villain opens on utg to 20c and its folded to me. I 3-bet and make it 80c to go, big blind is short stacked with only 76c and calls. Villain calls.
Flop comes 4s2h8h. I raise to 1.2$, villain shoves and I call. Villain has 88. I basically put him on QQ,JJ,TT or a flush draw. because i thought he would shoved pre with AA and it would be unlikely for him to have called with pocket pairs < TT.
Did i play this hand correctly? could i have saved my stack here?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
6 max 4nl.
I am on the small blind with KcKh. villain opens on utg to 20c and its folded to me. I 3-bet and make it 80c to go, big blind is short stacked with only 76c and calls. Villain calls.
Flop comes 4s2h8h. I raise to 1.2$, villain shoves and I call. Villain has 88. I basically put him on QQ,JJ,TT or a flush draw. because i thought he would shoved pre with AA and it would be unlikely for him to have called with pocket pairs < TT.
could i have saved my stack here?

Could i have folded here?
Yes - you can fold.

Did i play this hand correctly?
Personally, it's not the right way.

could i have saved my stack here?
Yes - you could.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes - you can fold.

Personally, it's not the right way.

Yes - you could.
I would put the villain on 99-JJ, AJs+. I have a heart blocker as well so wouldn't have to worry about the flush draw. This would be a snap call to me.
Elaborate on how he played it incorrectly?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Elaborate on how he played it incorrectly?

Villian shoves and "i" fold ... it's simple .... Something else ...

KK's are not invincible on this low flop ...There are no reasons for all-in. There is no other K ?!

Set of 8's vs pocket pair KK's - The usual bingo ....:mad:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't stack sizes matter here? Or are we presuming max buy-in as the stack size?

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Of course you can Fold! many potential hands better than yours, but you should always analyze the flow of the Table and the players involved!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Implied odds

6 max 4nl.

Thanks for sharing.

You are taking small pairs out of your opponents hand range incorrectly. This is No Limit what that means is your opponents can have implied odds to call preflop. Which is exactly what happened to you.
After the BB calls the pot is 1.86 the UTG needs call only .60 to win your stack not just the 1.86 (implied odds) if he hits an 8. UTG calling in that spot is good poker. At the level you are playing however OPP will call pairs in that spot good play or not. So you cannot exclude any pairs from any OPP ranges.

Hope that helps.

:)

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can always fold, but I wouldnt have. If you shove hes going to call. If you just call, one of you will shove evetually. It takes more of a tell than what was there for me to fold KK. Only thing you can do there is to have a big stack so when you get beat on a hand like that you still have chips left???

P

PokerPlayer6963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for sharing.

You are taking small pairs out of your opponents hand range incorrectly. This is No Limit what that means is your opponents can have implied odds to call preflop. Which is exactly what happened to you.
After the BB calls the pot is 1.86 the UTG needs call only .60 to win your stack not just the 1.86 (implied odds) if he hits an 8. UTG calling in that spot is good poker. At the level you are playing however OPP will call pairs in that spot good play or not. So you cannot exclude any pairs from any OPP ranges.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your input.
Another question, is it still profitable for me to call here in the long run? Because i believe that he would show up with JJ,QQ or TT just as frequently.
Also, Villain was playing 44-28 over 260 hands, and fold to 3-bet 20%.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max 4nl.
You played it correctely IMO, it's just that at the micro level 6-max, players are commonly calling a 3-bet with as little as 22.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Equity calculations

Thanks for your input.
Another question, is it still profitable for me to call here in the long run? Because i believe that he would show up with JJ,QQ or TT just as frequently.
Also, Villain was playing 44-28 over 260 hands, and fold to 3-bet 20%.

Thanks for sharing.

This is a great opportunity to use this hand to learn how to calculate your hand equity vs an opponents estimated range. This way you will be able to add a crucial math tool to your poker tool kit.

This video is a good start.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the link to the video. I'm no expert. When im holding the king of hearts on that board texture. And you have an Over Pair. Very hard to sniff out the set. I was Mulling over a situation like this with Aces vs 77 last night. Trust me I fell into the same trap. So hard to lay these big pairs down !

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
You played your hand perfectly. KK is top of your range and you can't fold it.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many chips he shove? After you bet 1,2$, what is you stack? I think is very hard to fold that hand, I just fold if I know that other player is very tight. Probably I make the same of you.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When he shoves there I think he's telling us he has QQ+ or hit a set. Since he did not four bet preflop I agree you can take AA off the table.

That means you're beat or at best chopping 76c. Right action is to fold.

I probably would have called too .Hard to give up on KK there no matter how logical it seems after the fact.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 max 4nl.

Hi There
I think you played correctly. I would have played the same way
I just posted that yday near the bubble i got kk and went allin. I was called
with A9 and the villain got 2 more nines in the flop and river
This river....
Rgds

Folding in Poker