Could this be avoided?

Z

zuzu11111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning, my fellow poker players!

Got 10$ to play at 10NL, after few hands I had AA, standard raise of 30cents, everyone folds.

After few folds, got KK. (I used google translate for the hand transcript)

*** hole cards ***
HERO[Kc Kh]
HERO: give raises $ 0.20 to $ 0.30
*** FLOP *** [Th 7d 6d]
AbyssWalker94: bets $ 0.40
HERO: give raises $ 0.40 to $ 0.80
AbyssWalker94: the call $ 0.40
*** TURN *** [Th 7d 6d] [Tc]
AbyssWalker94: bets $ 0.40
HERO: raises $ 0.40 to $ 0.80
AbyssWalker94: the call $ 0.40
*** RIVER *** [Th 7d 6d Tc] [7s]
AbyssWalker94: bets $ 0.50
HERO: the call $ 0.50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
AbyssWalker94: arată [8c 7c] (full of Sevens with Tens)
HERO: mucks hand
AbyssWalker94 collected $4.92 of pot
*** SUMMARY ***
May total $ 5.15 | Rake $ 0.23
Table [Th 7d 6d Tc 7s]

AbyssWalker94 (big blind) showed [8c 7c] and won ($4.92) with full of Sevens with Tens.

So... you face a 3bet double your initial bet but you still call. Of course, you have a straight draw.
Yes, I know that for most people to call 40cents a 80cents 3bet is very cheap but I wonder if the same yould apply at 100$ NL.

Should my 3bets be more higher? I 3bet 3 times and he still called. Yes, the first 3bet was vey low, he had to pay me very cheap to see the flop.

Thank you!!

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*** FLOP ***HERO: give raises $ 0.40 to $ 0.80

this raise is not good.
more big raise you need.
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
*** TURN *** [Th 7d 6d] [Tc]
HERO: raises $ 0.40 to $ 0.80

same.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why 3bet so small?
if you want to build bigger pot, make it big - pot sized or something like that
if you think he might have trips, then just call & reevaluate on later street
and pay attention to their stack size compared to ours, so we can calculate possibilities when push fold situations come on later street - value your good hands big & keep your losses small

Z

zuzu11111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your replies.

I will pay attention to the bet-sizing of 3bet.

I don't betsize accordingly to my cards, so that I don't get predictable, I see people bet more with premium and standard with other cards. Or vice-versa.

I was applying 3bet like double the initial raise, because I thought that doubling the raise will make my opponent fold his hand.
I asked a friend about my hand and he said something like you should've raised like 1.3-1.5$.

I remember some time ago I bluffed the river with all-in, villain folded, and he showed me JJ. That was very lucky, because he had me beat. But other instances I was bluffing by my unrealistic bet-size according to the pot. I wasn't stealing the blinds, I was stealing the pot! (it was a cash-game).

Do these situations apply at higher limits? Because if I play at 100$NL (1$/2$ blinds) and I raise with 6$ and someone 3bets me 12$ it's much more consistent than cents tables. Of course, if I apply bankroll-management rules, I should have 10000$ in my account for those tables, and a 12$ 3bet would seem easy to call.

:bebored:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do these situations apply at higher limits? Because if I play at 100$NL (1$/2$ blinds) and I raise with 6$ and someone 3bets me 12$ it's much more consistent than cents tables. Of course, if I apply bankroll-management rules, I should have 10000$ in my account for those tables, and a 12$ 3bet would seem easy to call.

:bebored:
You see all sorts of crazy play at the higher limits as well. What can I say - a lot of poker players are crazy. However, you're also going to find many more better players at the higher limits. So you're much less likely to see 2X 3-bets. You're right - it's too easy to call.