Coral

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I wanted to ask for advice: next week one of the rooms I play in, Coral, goes from the I Poker network to the party poker network. I have been playing sit and go of microlimits there and I have noticed that in Party it sits starts at $ 1 (in Coral game of $ 0.10) and I don't have a bankroll to play them (I guess for the $ 1 sits I would need $ 100 and not I still have). My idea then is to start playing cash NL2, but I am in doubt because I was always quite afraid of the fact that the game is in money and not in chips. Any advice to play cash microlimits? Shortstack? Deepstack? What bankroll would you need for that level? At that level do I need Holdem Manager? Thank you in advance for your help and for answering my newbie questions.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I wanted to ask for advice: next week one of the rooms I play in, Coral, goes from the I Poker network to the Party Poker network. I have been playing sit and go of microlimits there and I have noticed that in Party it sits starts at $ 1 (in Coral game of $ 0.10) and I don't have a bankroll to play them (I guess for the $ 1 sits I would need $ 100 and not I still have). My idea then is to start playing cash NL2, but I am in doubt because I was always quite afraid of the fact that the game is in money and not in chips. Any advice to play cash microlimits? Shortstack? Deepstack? What bankroll would you need for that level? At that level do I need Holdem Manager? Thank you in advance for your help and for answering my newbie questions.

The main thing you have to do is change your thinking about "your" money. When you put money on a table you're dealing with chips. It's no longer your money it is the table's money. The second you buy-in you should be thinking, "this money belongs to the table's chips, now how many of the table's chips can I get for myself?" I once heard Doyle Brunson say that he would try to get people to play with coins or cash because if someone has the problem of thinking they are betting with money then it throws them off their game.

People tend to recommend you always buy in for max amount so that you can maximize your winnings. I prefer to buy in for min amount, but then again I also buy in to the highest stakes I can play #nobrm

For cash games I believe the recommended buy-in is 5% of your bankroll. So if it's a 0.01/0.02 game and you buy in for $2.00 (100 big blinds) then you would want a bankroll of $40.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing you have to do is change your thinking about "your" money. When you put money on a table you're dealing with chips. It's no longer your money it is the table's money. The second you buy-in you should be thinking, "this money belongs to the table's chips, now how many of the table's chips can I get for myself?" I once heard Doyle Brunson say that he would try to get people to play with coins or cash because if someone has the problem of thinking they are betting with money then it throws them off their game.

People tend to recommend you always buy in for max amount so that you can maximize your winnings. I prefer to buy in for min amount, but then again I also buy in to the highest stakes I can play #nobrm

For cash games I believe the recommended buy-in is 5% of your bankroll. So if it's a 0.01/0.02 game and you buy in for $2.00 (100 big blinds) then you would want a bankroll of $40.

Hello my friend.
Thank you very much for your answer. It is true what you say about stop thinking about "my money", because that way of seeing the game will continue to scare me. Thank you for your advice on necessary bankroll. I will have to deposit $ 20 in the room to play quietly.
Thanks again for your patience and advice. Best regards from Buenos Aires.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[/QUOTE]

I also believe that a minimum buy-in is more advantageous. People tend to call your raises and all-ins more often when you have a small stack in front of you.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I also believe that a minimum buy-in is more advantageous. People tend to call your raises and all-ins more often when you have a small stack in front of you.[/QUOTE]I agree I used to buy-in for min amount in cash games as I felt I played better when 'short stacked'.

That said, unless I am mistaking party poker have made it so yoh can only buy-in for the max (100 BB) on their cash & fastforward tables so unfortunately this wont be an option in the OP case.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I wanted to ask for advice: next week one of the rooms I play in, Coral, goes from the I Poker network to the Party Poker network. I have been playing sit and go of microlimits there and I have noticed that in Party it sits starts at $ 1 (in Coral game of $ 0.10) and I don't have a bankroll to play them (I guess for the $ 1 sits I would need $ 100 and not I still have). My idea then is to start playing cash NL2, but I am in doubt because I was always quite afraid of the fact that the game is in money and not in chips. Any advice to play cash microlimits? Shortstack? Deepstack? What bankroll would you need for that level? At that level do I need Holdem Manager? Thank you in advance for your help and for answering my newbie questions.
Hi Warrior,

I also play on partypoker, it is a shame that the SNG only start at $1 now, I remember couple years back they had 22c & 55c SNG but stopped them for some reason.

Have you considered trying DON or HU SNG (not the hypers)? Although they are still $1 they tend to have less variance. You could possibly work to a 25-30buyin BRM strat for these and move onto standard SNG once your roll increases.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well most is answered what id add is regarding tournaments... less people means more of a chance for you to win.... playing 1.00 with 500 people is not optimal most of the time just my two cents here..... id play elsewhere if couldnt get the buy in the reward etc.. at levels i was comfortable with..... we have less choices here in states id look at 888 and others myself

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Why do not you want to play in another room, where there are those games that you like?

Coral Poker