Controlling your emotions

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh, duh....how could I forget. WEED! Smoke it. Eat it. Consume however you prefer. Then play :) I WILL NEVER PLAY POKER without it. If I get to stoned I'll just level of with other substances. Up, down, maybe a little to the left. Careful w.alcohol tho.... Unless you're at my table... In which case... Drink up - Cheers :)

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It usually goes well, but there are exceptions. If I'm tired, or if the game doesn't go, and bad beat, it happens.

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well it's just a game strategic projections may lose, with each card

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel different emotions on different days. Probably why I can't maintain or grow a bankroll. Need a level head to play correctly I think. I would probably do terrible at a multi day event. Still have it on my bucket list to play in a major tournament though. Time will tell.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard for me to control the emotions, like fear, anxiety and anger, even if I play almost exclusively online to hide these defects, it still disturbs the conscious decisions a little, even if you know that you are doing the right thing.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to control my emotions in the game or after the game, I try to distract myself or other games or something interesting so as not to think about losing the game, just need to be calm poker is just a game!

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to control emotions when you play for real money .... I do not control emotions in freerolls! if lost to a weak hand ... I often go all-in. I often get lucky ... but this is only in freerolls

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meditation should help you to control your emotion

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is difficult to control emotion, but with time pass you can do better. Mental power is very important and crucial on the end.

D

Dionys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Change your attitude towards the game. Love the process itself and play for money, which is not a pity to lose.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meditation. If that’s too much, just simple breathing exercises between hands, or deep , slow breaths during hands may help.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker just for my pleasure. Therefore, I only get positive emotions that I can easily control.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a lifestyle thing, not just poker. You can't let other people's opinions and thoughts affect your actions. Opponents can get in your head and make you make suboptimal decisions so you need to focus and ignore all the noise to make the correct play. With regards to bad beats, think of it this way: it all balances out in the long run. You will deliver the same amount of bad beats as you have received. One day of bad luck equals another day of good luck tomorrow.

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Control emotions in poker and to control their emotions in life - it is the same. The child does not control their emotions, and an adult can. And in poker. It will have more experience, more games and then the emotions will be less.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing my temper during a game of poker is probably the biggest reason I've lost so much money throughout my "career". I try to have calming music and eat a nice snack before and during a tournament to try and control any potential tilt.

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Literally, it's the million question haha, i think if you can be patient, disciplinate and can be focused, you're a potential big winner of poker

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker does not tolerate emotions. To control my emotions, I take small breaks and listen to music.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well there is a whole preparation before sitting at a table to play. First I resolve all the issues I need to do on the day, then I eat properly and I prepare the snacks for the break. I also do physical and meditation exercises to be at my best.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard for everyone to fold with sentimental hands or good pockets pairs like AA or less,
but sometimes you have to if you want to survive. more you play tight , more you have chance to win . forget your heart, you have to play with your brain. no emotion....

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought you were going to give some advice, the only way to control me is not to lose

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As I am mostly multi-tabling, I do not care about any hands.
I am usually, very calm about any hands, that I loose. Somehow I lost the feeling of tilt, or worry about bad beats very long time ago.
It is just a game and we play many of them...

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to be calm all the time. I try not to get too high or feel to low when playing poker. I try to take poker one hand at a time and forget about the mistakes that I made in the last hand. When I done for the session that is the time to reflect on all my hands played.