Controlling a good stack

S

Seltz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I am pretty good at poker in the sense that I know when I am ahead and I know when I am beat. The thing is whenever I am in the chip lead I find myself making unnecessary calls. If anyone has the same problem and has fixed it can you help me with maintaining my chip stack?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Working your patience and playing tight aggressive carefully, are a good way to protect your stack and carefully increase it.

Dairenji

Dairenji

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The are two strategies I normally use :firstly,play aggressively preflop but tightly after the flop ,you should not limp into a pot because this will increase the chances of losing chips in the hopes of making a draw or you having a weak kicker,The aim here is to steal opponents blinds and chips preflop in order to increase your stack OR just stick to a balanced range in relation to your position in the table ,you play strong hands in early position and weaker ones in the late positions.But most importantly you do not limp into pots with weak hands,do not call big raises with weak hands and try to stay away from other big stacks in the table.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, my advice is that you keep doing what you did to get a good stack. I mean do not try to change your game just by the number of chips you have and be patient, do not try to end the tournament quickly that cause you to make bad moves, summarizing be patient.

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten the game and stay patient.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I too waste a lot of unnecessary bets when a lot of chips and then have them not shataetsja, but the most annoying is when you're on a steep knockout tournament with a big stack and a prize for knocking out, and then you razderbanivayut and knock out a few razdachi ))
Here the privilege has a rule of a steak of a backing when it is necessary to go smoothly on tournament without scattering. This is the case when you have a huge Bank at the initial stage and you sit for an hour just like that, then everything is compared with you and even more for some, and you have a feeling as if you missed something somewhere, but it is necessary to keep backing, to feel the rhythm of the game!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I raise my stack to the top in the tournament, I still play carefully. I try not to enter the game with an average card and do not collect combinations.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of your chips as tools. The more tools you have the more you can do with them. That doesn’t mean you risk them unnecessarily. Being patient not only for cards but for the right spot is what is key. Use your chips to make your opponents make tough decisions. If you find yourself being put in a spot where you have a tough decision, then you probably are not doing it very well. You want to use your big stack to keep pressure on the smaller stacks. In earlier poster set it when he said pre-flop aggression is the best strategy. Then tighten up after the flop.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always think of my chip stack like the game agar.io. If you ever played the game, you would understand. This small trick prevents me from spewing chips strangely [emoji848]

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight is right but you have to ramp up your aggression at inflection points.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rather, it's not exactly a problem. Just when you're a chip leader, you have more range to play. That is, to play not only with a strong hand in the form of two pictures or not a small pair, but also with suit connectors, it is also more possible to watch the whole hand, not only the flop. And so of course, in any good scenario, try to keep yourself in hand, it depends on your result hours of play.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play more hands but dont waste chips on drawing hands to river.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe I am pretty good at poker in the sense that I know when I am ahead and I know when I am beat. The thing is whenever I am in the chip lead I find myself making unnecessary calls. If anyone has the same problem and has fixed it can you help me with maintaining my chip stack?

You are not the only one who make this. I hardly try to adjust these leaks by folder more often from big stack posture. Its all about discipline and fold power when you know you are behind

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a fun thread. Being chip leader, it is better to be the aggressor. Push around the scared money and then get out of the way.

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to keep my stack and play cautiously, and steal the blinds in late position at this opportunity.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to try to figure out the ICM for the villan and then assume their range based on their play, unless you have reason to believe they are an ICM atheist.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
Yes I have a similliar problem too.

I set up a good stack, and than all my good starting hands drain my stack.

I would go aggressive pre flop with AQ and dont hit anything.

Or a suited connector call the raise and dont make nothing.

And finally I am out of the tournament.
:eek:

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Controlling a good stack in cash game means knowing when to keep the bar tight and when to chip down. Ideally, you should have everyone covered and quickly switch gears when surrounded by other deep stacks.