Confusion of "Lead"

S

standup37

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,
I'm a new player. I confuse about the "lead" concept.

For example, at pre-flop, in the case 1, player A open raised $10, player B called. Player A is leader. But in the case 2, player A open raised $10, player B re-raised $30 and player A called. Who is the leader?

Please help me. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,
I'm a new player. I confuse about the "lead" concept.

For example, at pre-flop, player A open raised $10, player B called. Player A is leader. But in the case, player A open raised $10, player B re-raised $30 and player A called. Who is the leader?

Please help me. Thank you very much!

Hi. In the example you gave Player A would be the player that led out (the first to put a bet in the pot). Note that some people don't use the term lead until post-flop betting rounds.

S

standup37

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. In the example you gave Player A would be the player that led out (the first to put a bet in the pot). Note that some people don't use the term lead until post-flop betting rounds.

Thanks for your response. So you think Player A is leader in the case 2, right?

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read an example at https://poker.stackexchange.com/questions/1237/definition-of-lead. It's nearly with my example, his example said that "UTG raises, UTG+3 makes a 3 bet, Because UTG + 3 was the last aggressor in that round (he made the 3-bet, the others just called), it means that he has the lead in the next round". Was he wrong?

Oh I see where you are coming from now, I probably added to the confusion, sorry. The definition I'm used to is that the lead is the first person to put a bet in the pot in a betting round. It looks like it can also mean the last aggressor in a round.....though honestly I have not heard or seen it used that way.