Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I have a doubt (and it is not the only one by the way hahaha).

My question is the following :

On table is shown; 4-4-4-3-3

Player 1: 5-6

Player 2: 3-2

Who wins?

Why ?

From already thank you very much.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In this case the players will chop the pot because the best hand that each one has is a full house, fours full of threes. If player 1 had 55 then they would win the pot because a full house with fours full of fives is better than fours full of threes.

In Hold'em you can use any mixture of hole cards and community cards to make a hand with the best five-card combination winning, unlike Omaha where you can only use two out of your four hole cards and three from the board.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the two opponents split the pot because the best combination with 5 winning cards is on the flop. both players win with a full house at 444 by 33 for.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hold'em is about the best 5 card hand. Here, both players have the same hand; 44433.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's been answered above so no need for me to repeat however,

It's good to look at various wet boards like this and learn to identify various hand strengths till you know for sure what hand you are holding. At this point I can identify this without much thought. But 15 years ago when I was starting I had to scratch my head often in a multitude of varied hands similar to this.

What helped me inadvertently was taking up PLO. Maybe not the most efficient way of learning (especially today), but in my case I was too busy at work to study poker so I figured it out as I played online.

By taking up PLO I was put into more situations where I had to determine which two cards in my hand of 4 were live and which combo's presented the best hand strength. Consequently it made my life a lot easier when I went back to holdem.

Again there are more efficient ways to learn this and a number of Apps you can download to your phone that can help with identifying these spots more effectively.

Either way this is something you want work toward being able to answer within a few seconds and be right. So its good you found a leak to work on ~ Good Luck!

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I have a doubt (and it is not the only one by the way hahaha).

My question is the following :

On table is shown; 4-4-4-3-3

Player 1: 5-6

Player 2: 3-2

Who wins?

Why ?

From already thank you very much.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

player 1, because he wins with the cards on the table, and player 2 has all three locked up doing fullhouse.

:deal:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands