Come Along Hands

R

research

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So wondering what everyone's thoughts are on playing Come Along hands? You know where you get a great hand and the flop builds it, but deep down you have a bad feeling about it.
How many of them do you get dealt?

Do you stay in the pot? Fold? try and push them off?

Not interested in bad beat stories there are a million of them just genuinely interested in your strategy and thoughts.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on my opponent read, what kinda hand I am building, and pot size.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
can't understand the question, can you elaborate?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not quite sure, I understand the question either. If you talk about a situation, where your hand is likely to be ahead now, but there are a lot of ways for your opponents to draw out on you, then sometimes the answer is to check and pot control. Could be a situation like having A9 on 985 2-tone against 3 opponents.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like AJ, both Hearts. Flop comes J and 6 of Spades and 6 of Clubs. Multiple people go to the flop. Who has a 6? Who has 2 Spades?

Do you bet or check?

You need to be more careful, the more people in the pot. This can go badly for you!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So wondering what everyone's thoughts are on playing Come Along hands? You know where you get a great hand and the flop builds it, but deep down you have a bad feeling about it. How many of them do you get dealt? Do you stay in the pot? Fold? try and push them off? Not interested in bad beat stories there are a million of them just genuinely interested in your strategy and thoughts.
I think you should try and explain in a way that poker players will know what you mean, are you talking about multi-way hand? You have a great hand and flop builds?? Do you mean a pocket pair, or suited connectors that give you flush draw on the flop?? I guess the "bad feeling" would be if villain has a range with plenty of draws?? Maybe? Anyway my strategy depends on my range and also on how villain reacts or acts. Sure, sometimes I will try to bet them off, other times, I check and try to control the pot so if I get drawn out on at least I don't lose the maximum. I guess I can give the old poker answer : It depends!!:D

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
waiting for a normal pocket is long and boring and often they drain me. I don’t know sometimes you directly feel the game and you know that now you’ll go into the hand from eight to nine and collect a straight or flush. How you need to be able to feel the game.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything depends on the situation on the places.
Please do not ask the obvious questions.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I will generally check in these instances, or at least bet very small. You may also find when you check there will be a bet, a call, and then a shove and you can comfortable fold.

Player are less likely to to take big risks on the turn with a smaller pot and only one card to come, so I am an advocate for checking here. At this stage you do not want to be all in with only a pair against a bunch of strong draws anyway- wait for a better spot.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands