Coaching for profit ?

PowerToWeightRatio

PowerToWeightRatio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, Im new to the forum and poker in general and have some questions regarding coaching for profit.
Is cfp any good for beginners ? Is cfp good in general ? Do you think a person can benefit from that ?
Ive been searching for some good beginner materials when I stumbled upon an advert that was offering cfp, bestpokercoaching.com more specifically and I was instantly interested into that concept because it seems like something I could benefit from a lot. The only downside is, if i can call it like that, is the thing that it seems a little bit fake with all the success stories on the page although that may be just my paranoia kicking in :eek:. Anyway, the game Im willing to put my focus on is NLHE 6max cash micro and that is something they specialize on, and of course if I can have faster and better proces of learning I would embrace it wholeheartedly.
If somebody have an experience with cfp concept or even better http://www.bestpokercoaching.com/cfp-6-max-micro please do tell more about it in the thread.
Thx guys in advance and sorry for the long-ish post :D

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idk, There is SO much information on how to play and the different strategies that is free, I would have a hard time paying someone. I'm not sure what they can teach that you can't learn for free when talking about micro.

First make sure you have a basic grasp on poker strategy. You have to know the hand strength and the terms such as what "tight" poker is and what "TAG" is.

If you are past that, Google "6 max strategy" and start reading some articles and guides.

I don't know how "new" you are to poker so this is just some general thoughts.

If you are really, really, new...I would always recommend learning on a full ring rather than 6 max, less tough decisions and the game moves slower.

PowerToWeightRatio

PowerToWeightRatio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Idk, There is SO much information on how to play and the different strategies that is free, I would have a hard time paying someone. I'm not sure what they can teach that you can't learn for free when talking about micro.

First make sure you have a basic grasp on poker strategy. You have to know the hand strength and the terms such as what "tight" poker is and what "TAG" is.

If you are past that, Google "6 max strategy" and start reading some articles and guides.

I don't know how "new" you are to poker so this is just some general thoughts.

If you are really, really, new...I would always recommend learning on a full ring rather than 6 max, less tough decisions and the game moves slower.

Indeed I am new in a sense that I know very few concepts of poker strategy(Im past the mechanics of the game). Today found a good book named Crushing the microstakes

by BlackRain79. Thinking about buying it. Of course alongside this book I have a few others on my list and looking through the articles is also on repertoire. Thank you for your

advice.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Paying 50% from your winnings sounds massive. Then again I would do it in heart beat if that would include personal coaching at least once a week, maybe twice a month. I don't think they do that though.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you look really close and read the terms:

https://bestpokercoaching.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207725275-What-is-in-the-CFP-contract-

You will start to understand how lopsided this is.

I will stop short of calling this a scam, but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, ect...

Here is why:

1. You are required to deposit 500 Euro. This is a non-refundable deposit until you finished the program. From my reading of the terms, the "program" means that you win 5000 Euro. Until you win 5000 Euro, you will pay 50% of the profit.

2. If you quit you lose the deposit and have to pay 80%of the profit.

You really need to think about this. What kind of "coaching" are you going to get? Does it matter to the company? Not really.

You already gave me 500 Euro that is non-refundable. So you paid me, now I'm going to get 50% of any profit you get monthly. I could give you even the most basic course and set you loose on the world. If you win some, great, pay me 50%. If you lose, keep trying. When you finally decide to quit because you aren't winning, I keep the deposit.

I even changed my mind and will say this is a total scam. They know the odds of a new player with very limited training ever getting to 5000 Euro profit playing micros is about 0%.

Personally, I think coaching for a new player is a waste of money. You can learn very effective/winning poker from what is available for free. If you have played for a year or two and just can't turn the corner, a coach may help and may be worth the investment. At this point, it just isn't.

There isn't a "fast" way to get good at poker or everyone would do it. There are many facets. As you start to learn them, you see how deceptively simple poker looks and how complicated it can be. If this was truly a winning system, have them train you and stake-horse you. That will never happen, because its not about you winning, its about you losing twice, once at the tables and a second time with your deposit to them.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had around half a dozen coaches and they were all great, but there is so much info available for free these days... why not try the free resources first

PowerToWeightRatio

PowerToWeightRatio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright, thank you all for your input :)

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are better off paying straight for coaching any side show act will usually end up being usury in the way they cut the percentage of profit.
From my experience even the majority of people that stake with the plus of coaching fall short,only one stable for me offered coaching twice a week,the rest would slide and only show up for deep runs to give advice.
Its a bit of a snake oil salesman gambit due to good players not really having time to coach and it not being profitable for them. So you need to ask why they are wanting to coach and if that pans out,you need to see if it is worth it. Playing for coaching is never worth it in my eyes.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was privy to some online coaching a few years back-it didnt cost me a thing a freind hooked me up-after taking course i can say it would have been worth the 100 bucks it costs my freind-as far as giving half your winning to coach that seems exsesive-from what i heard from freinds not all coaching is worth buying-i would suggest doing some research on the person who might coach you,i would make sure there a winning player-and that the coaching is for the stakes you play everyday