bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How do you play when you're close to the bubble and short on chips?

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
My strategy is not to play until I win the prize. Sometimes I make an exception, and it usually depends on the monetary resource.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I just wait for a more or less good situation or cards and try to double up. Primitive, but sometimes it works :)

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play as I always have, I don't play in major tournaments and I will never arrange some kind of circus, change the strategy of the game or something like that to get into prizes and win 50 cents;)

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The absolute worst sized stack to have on the bubble is the short stack. Granted, it’s the worst sized stack to have at anytime but it is especially annoying on the bubble, find the balance of patience and no fear. Easier said than done of course, but its the key to surviving and excelling through poker tournament bubbles. To understand this a little bit better, you need to understand and come to terms with the following: cashing should NEVER be your sole goal

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I expect good hands and go all-in. I avoid playing in UTG or UTG+1, except with premium hands.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
you need to watch your position in the rankings, at the table and if you get a good hand in a position like CO or BU then you can play aggressively.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if I don't have enough chips, of course I have to take risks once I heal and need to double, then I wait for a strong hand and try to play against the middle and late positions after I go all-in and get chips

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends how short and how close. With less than 15BB I normally play push-fold preflop, and even more so on the bubble.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, you'll have to change your strategy from normal. But it will be less likely.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Try as you might, my middle name is probably a bubble:ROFLMAO:

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I bubble way more than the average joe. 90 pct of my game play, I find myself in the bottom 10 pct and it is quite challenging to get in the top 10 pct before I run out of chips. And that happens to coincide with... bubbling.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just like everyone else at that point, Fold, Fold, Fold until that bubble bursts or you get a Monster hand!:) Although I have folded AA when faced with an all-in from a bigger stack and someone else calls before me. because I can see the outcome of the hand, and sure enough I would have been beaten!
There is no such thing as a sure Winner in that situation, any 2 cards can win in a flip, Ask 10/2 Dolly Brunson.