YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi all. Yesterday I played MTT and everything was fine, I got into the prizes, but after 4 hours of playing I started to play worse. The question is, what life hacks do you use to stay on your toes throughout the tournament?

PS I did push-ups, made coffee and washed my face with snow!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In order for the body not to interfere with your brains to play, you need to at least “maintain balance” and be physically active. Neck retraction - tilt your head back, while keeping your eyes and lower jaw at the same level. Neck flexion - tilt your head down, then return to its original position. Rotation - touch your temple with your fingers and turn your head to the side, trying to look at your shoulder, while resisting with your hand. Each of these exercises must be performed with a delay of 3 seconds, doing 10 repetitions. Performing these exercise, you will not only be able to keep fit for a good game, but most importantly, avoid health problems caused by a sedentary lifestyle.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that this will come with time. With more practice and more long sessions your perfomance will become better and better. As I found for myself, that it is important to get enough sleep this day, have something to snack and don't get myself to busy in early stages, make less difficult descisions to save clear mind for more late stages. Something like that :)

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In order for the body not to interfere with your brains to play, you need to at least “maintain balance” and be physically active. Neck retraction - tilt your head back, while keeping your eyes and lower jaw at the same level. Neck flexion - tilt your head down, then return to its original position. Rotation - touch your temple with your fingers and turn your head to the side, trying to look at your shoulder, while resisting with your hand. Each of these exercises must be performed with a delay of 3 seconds, doing 10 repetitions. Performing these exercise, you will not only be able to keep fit for a good game, but most importantly, avoid health problems caused by a sedentary lifestyle.
Yes, it is REALLY important to do some exercise from time to time.
But, as often we play too much, we forget about it and as a result our health suffers.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play a lot of hands and just take notes on player tendencies. It saves energy and works wonders online and live.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a matter of habit. I play for 4-6 hours without any loss of concentration, but if the tournament lasts more than 6 hours I start making mistakes. Usually coffee is the only drink that really cheers me up.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi all. Yesterday I played MTT and everything was fine, I got into the prizes, but after 4 hours of playing I started to play worse. The question is, what life hacks do you use to stay on your toes throughout the tournament?

PS I did push-ups, made coffee and washed my face with snow!
this happen with me to,it's really tough,just play good hands i guess

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It’s very hard to be concentrated over 5 hours, it’s need to be training

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Its rough that. You will hit crisis points. Just be aware. Experience helps you to hit 'auto-pilot' mode in such patches of time. Some people take concertation enhancing drugs (for example Lex Veldhuis swears by MadMonq). Or just plain coffee.

Your brain, no matter what you do, will not be able to be fresh for long periods of poker play. And that is the important bid to remember. You will get tired, but also other players will as well. You are not playing vs supermens but other people just like you. Just try your best in the moment. If you feel really drained, don't play 'fancy' poker. Just stick to the clean cut poker. The closer you will get to the big pay outs, natural adrenaline will kick in to help you get over the finish line.