Check... Raise All In

K

Kwinn1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or does it seem that more often than not big hands are checking flops and turns in hopes of their opponent catching something? I find this happens so much more in online poker.

D

DaytonaVid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll sometimes play a big hand that hits the flop like this. But it does depend on other factors.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it just me or does it seem that more often than not big hands are checking flops and turns in hopes of their opponent catching something? I find this happens so much more in online poker.

It really depends on how polarizing the board is. For instance, if you 3-bet with AA and the board comes ATT rainbow there's almost nothing your Opp will call with unless they have the last A or made a super-loose call with TX. On the other hand if you call an open with A5dd and the board comes QT4ddd you'll see more bets as you'll get called by worse flushes, QX and even KdX.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on position and opponent, but I won't elaborate because I never give away my secrets

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the check raise all in. But it usually doesn't get a call.

J

jamessmithx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel like there's too much variance, it depends on the board

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will make this play if OOP against an overly aggressive villain. The goal is to get them to stop their pot sized 100% cbet. You have to have something when you make this play. You can do this with over cards or a draw, but you need something in case they call. Chances are villain call you if you do this twice in a row, so have at least top pair good kicker the second time.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually when my opponent checks for all-in right after. I do not hesitate to fold my hand.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I had AA - all in , ! player with A2 paid and flop was - 252 :(

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
usually when my opponent checks for all-in right after. I do not hesitate to fold my hand.
The goal of check/all in is to get that extra bet/fold, with a chance of doubling up.

Let's say the board is :kd4: :js4: :jd4:

You might check/all in with a K, J, KK, KJ, QT, or with a diamond draw. You could also bet out those hands, but you likely would be missing out on villain's cbet.

Check/all in is a great way to aggravate and possibly tilt an aggressive cbet villain. If nothing else, it might slow their cbet percentage.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments check-jamming is a very effective move, when stacks are short enough. Not only with nutted hands but also with decent draws.