Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello I would like to ask in what situations is appropriate check-raise and when it is convenient to use. Is it convenient to use it often?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely use check-raise, mostly with strong hands and sometimes for bluffing. If possible, I try to use a check-raise when playing without a position and with a small bank.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use it mostly against agressive players and scared calling stations preflop players.

Other than that it can be trouble...

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time in HU situation, postflop, when I check the original raiser.. or also when I detect a "I bet on about everything" pattern.. it happens maybe once or twice in an online game.

I find it more easy to do in live games.

-TRP-

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use against agressive players, when I dont have position and I have nuts or a strong hand. I dont want raise before him because if he has nothing he just fold and I win a small pot.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I raised pre flop,so I am obligated to C bet or check raise. If the vilian insist with call so you have to decide if you are gonna bluf or give up the hand.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check-raising is great when you flop a hand with good equity vs an aggressive opponent. Also good to do in multi-way pots when you see a bet and a call, and you hold a hand with good equity. It can also be used as a bluff, but I will only do so on scare turn cards, or on very wet flops( Jh 9h Kc) when I hold blockers to the nuts (AhTx, QhJx). It's a great play to have in your arsenal, but should not be over-used.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to avoid it with missed sets 44 on J73 for example. Obviously strong combo draws better than 9 outs are great spots. And also look for other spots with backdoor potential. Th9h on 8h 2s 4c for example. With 2 overs and a back door flush draw and back door straight draw is a very good candidate for e bluff.

Daniel VanRiper

Daniel VanRiper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I would like to ask in what situations is appropriate check-raise and when it is convenient to use. Is it convenient to use it often?
No it is not. Checking is not a problem but raising is. If you have a hand with value enough to check and then raise, you want to slow it down and just call to put your opponent in awkward situation on the turn. Good Luck

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what you are playing. I often use the check-raise when I am in position and have good cards. Perhaps to a greater extent it depends on your style of play.