pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Seems OK.

But low AXs and suited connectors and Broadways other than KQs from early position can be difficult and often not necessary in beginners games.

I would add 88 and 77 instead in EP.

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Charts are good and all, but the sooner the beginner figures out how to play post-flop the better. Some courses & articles refer to post-flop as advanced play. I disagree. You just can't compete in poker without a post-flop game, period.

Your hand really only matters in comparison to your opponent's hand(s), and every hand depends on the community cards.

AA v 72 on a 72X board is dominated 3:1.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems OK.

But low AXs and suited connectors and Broadways other than KQs from early position can be difficult and often not necessary in beginners games.

I would add 88 and 77 instead in EP.

a good suggestion, I will think more calmly before playing! and even the same with all pairs!

Charts are good and all, but the sooner the beginner figures out how to play post-flop the better. Some courses & articles refer to post-flop as advanced play. I disagree. You just can't compete in poker without a post-flop game, period.

Your hand really only matters in comparison to your opponent's hand(s), and every hand depends on the community cards.

AA v 72 on a 72X board is dominated 3:1.

"Upswing poker" has nice chart.

this is true a post flop game is important, knowing how to play with these post flop cards really is important! so I didn't understand the detail of AA vs 72, or did you mean that AA vs 72 postflop loses every three times ?!

:rock: