Cev and $Ev plays in Mtt

R

RoTs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of 45's and get to the final table or final table bubble a lot, but find myself busting just before or just after the money bubble bursts. In the mid to late stages I understand that your suppose to use Cev to determine your plays. My question is when do you start using $ev plays, near the bubble, on the bubble, or in the money? Maybe this is what I need to learn to help my finishes. Thanks in advance

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've actually just started playing the 45's after hearing from a handful of good MTT players that this is what they're playing on as their 'bread&butter' games. I've also noticed that there are many players (many meaning perhaps 2 or 3 per table) who are taking down some good cash and running with very good ROI in them (I noticed one player in a $6 45 I was in.. he was up over $80K with avg.buyin being only $10!!!.. others in that same game up over $20 & $25K.. not too shabby).

Since acquiring this new interest to play the 45's, I've been inquiring with some players who excel in them (a couple of them actually placing on top of some SNG leaderboards... one at $75 buyin level, another at $5).

I've picked up a few tips but was pretty much on track with how I was already playing them.
One thing to note and maybe along the lines of your question here... in LateLevels approaching bubble don't be raising up to steal blinds unless your hand is good enough to call if you get pushed back on. Of course it all depends on what stack sizes are, blind levels,whether or not you're playing turbos etc.
I'll try to dig up some of the articles and ship them to ya. OR maybe put them here in this thread??? Maybe we should get a "Playing the 45's " thread started up here on C.C.? I haven't seen one like that (although I suck at surfing the site).

R

RoTs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks