That one certain hand

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to keep this question short. Is there one or two hands that you all just have to call with? Mine are 67s and 78s. I just can't fold them. And many times I hit nothing, but when I do hit the flop, it's a big winner. Now don't get me wrong, I sure don't call when the betting is big. It all depends on the cost. Anyway, I just wanted to see if you all have those hands. GL all

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I never drop papra, no matter if it's AA or 22

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My fun is playing 4 5 s . I always want to call with this hand.
Greetings and Good luck:cool:

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I throw off such hands! Sometimes I go J8 or J9 ...

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all. I figured someone was like me. Sometimes, we think we are the only one, but most of the time others do the same. I like playing poker, so I watch myself and see what I'm doing and why. GL all

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players often play with high cards. So when they hit a low flop they keep betting and don't expect us to have low cards. Especially if you are a tight player and no one can assume that you have 34, 45, 56, 76 and others. I also noticed that blind protection is most effective with such cards against UTG and early positions.

M

Mahereid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to keep this question short. Is there one or two hands that you all just have to call with? Mine are 67s and 78s. I just can't fold them. And many times I hit nothing, but when I do hit the flop, it's a big winner. Now don't get me wrong, I sure don't call when the betting is big. It all depends on the cost. Anyway, I just wanted to see if you all have those hands. GL all

Exactly the same for me

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all. Sometimes, all my big cards don't hit the board, so that's when I play the lower hands the most. But I'm sure everyone will agree that sometimes it don't matter what you play, because when you fold the cards come, and when you call, the cards don't come. I hate it when it's like that. GL all

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone has a hand or two they like playing despite it not being objectively good (Doyle's T2 or the infamous 7-Duece [72o] are good examples). However, we must ask ourselves what our poker goals are.

If the goal is to have fun then by all means play your weaker hands like 87s if you love it and enjoy the game :)

If your goal is to win or make money, then you'll need to make the disciplined fold for objectively worse hands sometimes.

Having a hand like 87s isn't so terrible though. It is not even close to a premium hand, but it isn't the worst you can hold either. Daniel Negreanu's "small ball" strategy loves playing hands like 87s, but there is no doubt that this play style may be at the mercy of variance when you set yourself up into reverse odds situations like when you hold 87s and the opponent holds something like A8s.

The board comes: 8h 4d 2c and you think your Top Pair is good, but vulnerable to overcards after the Flop. Of course we can see that to A8 we are crushed already. Note that some looser preflop players may even hold hands like K8s on this board too.

The smaller cards are avoided by many players for a reason, but 87s can be a good hand for mind games. Trap a big pair like KK on a board of

8c 7d Jh

with your 87s and you might get their entire stack before they know what hit them! :cool: Negreanu's style of "small ball" with these lower holdings (suited connectors and even one-gappers are a big part of the small ball approach) can be a powerful play-style, but it also puts a lot of pressure on your post-flop ability and your live reads if you are dominated. You might need a lot of discipline with 87s because the Flop might come down with you having Top Pair and you might still have

"to muck that hand in a hurry." - Negreanu

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA/KK are my only two must play hands. I am looking to go AIPF with them actually.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any suited connectors 2-3 up to 7-8 I'm going to try and see a cheap flop. Obviously in some situations I'll fold if necessary but it's always a tough fold to make.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands