CC Platinum Freerolls and Learning Poker

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having recently returned to the freeroll club, i have now sampled around 10 freeroll tourneys at Platinum level and have made several notes about the quality of those tourneys and wanted to share my findings and encourage anyone who is looking to develop their game to work on their profile and upgrade themselves to the freeroll club.

Why?

Well, apart from the numbers being considerably smaller (at present) for these freerolls, i can honestly say that the level/ability of the players participating in these freerolls are of a high standard.

I have seen really good examples of players exploiting position, bet sizing, the quality of hands seen at showdown provides me with a great deal of information about specific players and the play around the bubble is really challenging and often exciting.

Whether its ACR/pokerstars or other, I can tell you that these freerolls are challenging and certainly not a walk in the park and that is exactly what players at this level need, there is so much to learn from being part of these tournaments and its a playground where you can really develop and improve your skills.

Massive credit has to go to Debi/Tammy and the Moderators for making these freerolls so readily and regularly available (across so many platforms) and its key that by being able to play so often throughout the week - i am sure the benefit is being seen in our own poker styles/knowledge and ability.

You can see results and achievements on the leaderboard with specific rewards and prizes awarded at different times throughout the month/season and it provides a great platform to also build up a bankroll - great incentives indeed!

What do you feel about the above comments, do you agree?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So basically, cardschat members are better at poker ;)

More seriously though, yeah I do find these freerolls to have a higher quality to them than freerolls elsewhere, but it does make sense though.

First of all, cardschat members (in general) are probably better than non-cardschat members because the cardschat players have a real desire to learn and improve at poker or else they wouldn't have created an account at this forum community :D

Secondly, Platinum requires higher post activity than Bronze or Silver, so it makes sense that typically the players with more quality posts have more poker experience and therefore play at a slightly higher ability than those who do not.

Anyway, good luck at the freerolls :)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
First of all, cardschat members (in general) are probably better than non-cardschat members because the cardschat players have a real desire to learn and improve at poker or else they wouldn't have created an account at this forum community :D

So this is why i joined :hmmmm2:
Guess this must be positive sign that even after couple years here you still learn something new ...

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In these tournaments, as in others, it is never necessary to let your guard down.

brunohenrix

brunohenrix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
How do I upgrade to Platinum?

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't get to play the Platinum daily games anymore but when i did i found them challenging not as much as a live poker game because after all it is just a slot like machine dealing cards but still entertaining and a good bankroll builder for sure. Just my opinion by the way some think online poker is more skill than luck can't see it because you can't see your opponent for one. Anyway still a lot of fun to play so i'll just call it my work in progress and carry on with it.

Freeroll Passwords