Cardschat Book Club?

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been reading a lot of poker books lately, and of course I don't want to share or talk about it with anybody I regularly play against, and people that don't play don't really care to much.

So is there anybody out there that would like to read a poker book with me when I start a new one (fairly soon)? We can then discuss some of the chapters/content on here to reinforce what has been learned and how to apply it. Something like this may already exist in here, if so, please point me in the right direction.

The next book I was going to read was 'The Poker Blueprint: Advanced strategies for crushing micro & small stakes NL' by Tri Nguyen and Aaron Davis, but I'd be open to suggestions.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like this idea. I would offer but I'm really busy in life right now but maybe sometime in the future like your next book, I'd be interested.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like this idea. Awhile back I suggested having a forum dedicated to poker books on this site, but the staff said there isn't enough demand for a poker book forum section. What are you reading right now?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been reading a lot of poker books lately, and of course I don't want to share or talk about it with anybody I regularly play against

Planning on joining the Free Roll Club? :dancing2:

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like this idea. Awhile back I suggested having a forum dedicated to poker books on this site, but the staff said there isn't enough demand for a poker book forum section. What are you reading right now?
I'm finishing off Caro's tells now. It is a bit dated a think (I was planning on posting about the book when I finished), but I figure you need to start off with the basics and work your way up from there to get a better understanding of the game. The more poker streams I watch, the more I'm realizing the differences between 2018 poker and old school poker.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Caro's book of tells is good, but I feel it is better suited towards the end of learning poker tells and why people do what they do. A better book to read that will let you figure things out more is Ed Miller's Playing the Player. It gets more inside the head and explains the whys and wherefores of people's behavior at the poker table.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I am studying hand reading. I am the 3rd time in to, "How To Read hands At No-Limit Hold'em" by Ed Miller. You would think the stuff in it would be pretty obvious, but it is actually difficult to apply the things Miller writes about in this book. This is way I am reading it again for the 3rd time. As I study and apply more I have actually found myself in some situations where I was able to get a good read on my opponent and I was able to fire a good bluff at the right time. There have also been a few times where I was able to watch a hand or two and figure out what the players had by the way they approached the betting rounds. There has been a few time where I thought an opponent had something they did not that did not work out too well for me, but at least I am acting on reasoning and not just on a hunch. Reading hands is a true art form. Hopefully I can master it with practice.

What are you thinking about reading next? I buy used books from Thriftbooks.com You can usually find good books really cheap on the site. Let me know what you are thinking about reading next. I really want to read Jonathan Little's Lo-Limit Cash Games book.

Last edited:
rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I am studying hand reading. I am the 3rd time in to, "How To Read Hands At No-Limit Hold'em" by Ed Miller. You would think the stuff in it would be pretty obvious, but it is actually difficult to apply the things Miller writes about in this book. This is way I am reading it again for the 3rd time. As I study and apply more I have actually found myself in some situations where I was able to get a good read on my opponent and I was able to fire a good bluff at the right time. There have also been a few times where I was able to watch a hand or two and figure out what the players had by the way they approached the betting rounds. There has been a few time where I thought an opponent had something they did not that did not work out too well for me, but at least I am acting on reasoning and not just on a hunch. Reading hands is a true art form. Hopefully I can master it with practice.

What are you thinking about reading next? I buy used books from Thriftbooks.com You can usually find good books really cheap on the site. Let me know what you are thinking about reading next. I really want to read Jonathan Little's Lo-Limit Cash Games book.
I wanted to read a Jonathan Little book soon as well. I see him commentating a lot in live events and he has a lot of books so he I feel his books should be good and be relevant for today's game.

You don't have to buy any books, try this website http://gen.lib.rus.ec/.

The next one I wanted to read is 'The Poker Blueprint: Advanced strategies for crushing micro & small stakes NL' by Tri Nguyen and Aaron Davis. It is on that website and it seems the most relevant to my poker game right now.