Cards to go all in preflop with

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all the games I played I had good cards which I went all in and the worst hands I knew how to win, that's why I always play all in with cards like AK or KQ to combine a straight or a double pair.:)

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends a lot on how the table is and my stack size, below 8/10 BB with a suitable all-in hand is always a good option...

Y

YR2311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's not a popular one, but for its J 10 s.. Jesus Christ

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t like going Allin preflop often
Has to be qq+
I’d rather see the flop
In big tourneys when you’re getting under 10bb I’d shove many more hands, especially with table position

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not always profitable to go ollin with such cards. But that's your business. You have an aggressive style of play. If you are lucky, you can even win the tournament. I play like that sometimes, too. But I think that it is better to use this style at the beginning to collect chips. Then, if you do not fly out at the beginning of the tournament, it is more profitable to play only ready-made hands and even the Flash draw is better to discard, so as not to fly out to the prize zone.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There are situations you should go all in literally with any 2 cards.
I guess you are asking about MTTs because in cash games all ins pre flop it's not a common play. MTT are more of a game of dynamics it's not more kill based game like cash games IMHO.

Your range can't be static in every situation , we must narrow/widen out range in open shove / 3bet jam situations given many factors like: opponents , phase of the tournament , effective stack and position of the initial open raise and many others.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that’s a good strategy for the player who play well because the opponent cannot negotiate, the one with good luck wins.

Y

YR2311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All suited cards, and my fav one: J10

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker isn't this simple. It depends on many factors such as effective stacks, ICM event structure, how tough the opponents are and many other things. As Daniel Negreanu says, "you are almost always correct to get it in with AA or KK."

However, if we are short-stacked, then we may want to have a much wider range due to so many chips in the pot in ratio to our remaining stack. I recommend checking out the cardschat.com 30 Day course; they even discuss what hands are recommended to go all in on when short-stacked.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-a-new-ebook-training-course-455641/

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on my stack size, position and the opponents that act after me. Also in tournaments add ICM to the equation. This is how I decide what cards I might go all in with pre-flop.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA always, KK pretty much but also on the opponent's stack, if it's only a small % to kick someone out in a tourney, pretty much most hands i'll play.
So it all depends on the situation