Card Dead

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No cards is sad hehehehehe
Has to stay calm one hour will see something that you can develop your game through a bluff or whith the flop ... Calm and good luck
I'm very unlucky I stop playing.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be patient and don't tilt.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes.... get used to it. It's poker and it's going to happen. :)

Ohh, and eat oatmeal cookies.... that always helps.

I disagree, Oreos!

If you can even realize that you are getting impatient, which most of us won't, get up and do something else before you damage yourself.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing cash, why stay at the same table if you are card dead? Go to another one, and see if it changes. If not, I would play a low buy in MTT if you still want to play. That way you can only lose your buy in. If you lose that too, I would stop playing for the day. GL to you

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ride it out and avoid overplaying marginal hands just because you have not been in a pot in a while.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You opponents doesnt know if you have good cards or not.. study your table. Sometimes is better to leave table. sometimes is better to bluff.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we were perfect, the instant we thought we were card dead we would get up and walk away.

I am doing better at doing that, but nowhere near where I need to be.

Can only do that in ring games. In tourneys, when I think that, I have almost trained myself to go into deep patience mode. Where the concept changes a bit into trying to instantly realize I am getting impatient. At which point I bring up some other distraction, and while I lose some focus on the poker table, I gain back some of that lost patience. So often the cards never go good, and the feeling is that it was just another waste of time.:(

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you gotta ride it out. Just make sure to stay engaged in what is going on to keep learning about your opponents and look for a steal opportunity as you may get more respect when you do decide to play one. Just be careful someone doesn't just look you up because they think you got bored.

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stopped playing cash to focus on tournament play.
Just changing my game after being card dead and bad beat.
change up and focus.gl

doarrazva

doarrazva

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't change your cards,just try to play your A-game and do your best :)