Can't understand this hand description

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read this description and it says suppose I have A♠K♠ on a Q♥J♥T♥ board and I know my opponent has A♥K♥. So I have the nuts, but no flush draw, but my opponent can hit a flush to win, but the best that I can do is a tie.

I can't understand how my opponent can get a flush...doesn't he already have a straight flush?? How can I possibly tie with that.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One or more of the suits on the flop is wrong, or else, as you noticed, they would have the Royal Flush. He is saying that he knows the other player also has the highest straight possible and they're currently tied, but the other player has flush draws and could end up winning while he can't improve to a flush since none of the cards on the flop are spades.

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One or more of the suits on the flop is wrong, or else, as you noticed, they would have the Royal Flush. He is saying that he knows the other player also has the highest straight possible and they're currently tied, but the other player has flush draws and could end up winning while he can't improve to a flush since none of the cards on the flop are spades.

Yeah it must be a mistake I guess.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is one of the pokerstars school questions, it looking screwed up is normal. Otherwise, yea flop has a misrepresented card in it and question would make zero sense.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands