cant fold...

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The player with 5 5 was 11/9 after almost 200 hands. If i bet he will definitely fold pairs , but as he is so nitty he has a lot A high's in his range that wont fold to a checkraise. The player with 2 2 was running 21/17 but he seemed to be a careful player. If i CR on that kinda rainbow board NIT will continue with his AQ , AJ and the BB will probably fold. Also if BB calls NITS bet i still can CR and even if they both fold i will still win more than i would if i was cbetting. And unless theres Q or J on the turn i can continue betting on the bigger side. Actually i dont get why BB raised that board , but its just personal preference to slowplay or not i guess.

A true nit knows well this is a dry board and will fold AQ AJ here to a check raise IMO. Maybe we just agree to disagree.

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A true nit knows well this is a dry board and will fold AQ AJ here to a check raise IMO.

A true thinking NIT knows well that players tend to sometimes CR on this kinda dry board at ZOOM with KK or QQ (believe me i saw that alot of times).
Also a thinking nit will understand that it would not make sense to CR with AA or AK. And believe me NIT from germany running 13/10 and NIT from brazil running 13/10 plays differently.

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A true thinking NIT knows well that players tend to sometimes CR on this kinda dry board at ZOOM with KK or QQ (believe me i saw that alot of times).
Also a thinking nit will understand that it would not make sense to CR with AA or AK. And believe me NIT from Germany running 13/10 and NIT from Brazil running 13/10 plays differently.

Why would we check raise with KK QQ???? hands that have showdown value. Shouldn't we pick complete air hands or hands with remote but real chance of turning into monsters?
It just feels like raising KK / QQ here violates the WA/WB concept here.

Okay I'm gonna drop this, this has obviously gone to a level beyond me.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my most popular treat for now...
so many critic for one example who i wrote...
Thanks gays :D
But really tanks you all for true answers .... maybe i somthink learn from this... :)

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would we check raise with KK QQ???? Hands that have showdown value. Shouldn't we pick complete air hands or hands with remote but real chance of turning into monsters?
It just feels like raising KK / QQ here violates the WA/WB concept here.

Ofc its bad but thats what i have seen quite a bit happening in ZOOM. Its aggro fishes who are doing this.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my most popular treat for now...
so many critic for one example who i wrote...
Thanks gays :D
But really tanks you all for true answers .... maybe i somthink learn from this... :)

Now thats not nice.

Ofc its bad but thats what i have seen quite a bit happening in ZOOM. Its aggro fishes who are doing this.

Maybe they are "just seeing where they are at"

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe they are "just seeing where they are at"

Since when fish is "seeing where they are at"?
They just do it because they desperately want the pot and doesn't know how to win it. For example if fish opens from UTG and bets 3 streets about 70% of the pot on A 2 2 6 6 rainbow board i will fold A Q almost always , but when they CR A 2 2 or like A 8 3 rainbow flop then 90% of the time either they have nothing or KK QQ JJ. Other 10% is the fish who are CR with A A on A 3 3 or like with 66 on
A 6 2 rainbow board. This is what is happening at ZOOM NL2-10.

M

mycophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never second guess a gut instinct.

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's simply an absence of discipline and it's familiar to me. The best way I found to overcome it is by putting yourself into your opponent's shoes. Think about what hands would he be betting with and which of them are you beating. Your example seems like an easy fold. Only hand you're beating is KQ and it's very unlikely anyone would bet it on such a river.

This may sound like a bunch of nonsense, but trust me. Discipline is one of the key qualities that make a Poker player.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often call with good hands even if I think that the opponent has a better hand, because I need a proof that he has a better hand. But sometimes I have folded good hands, because it was too risky too call a big pot and for example to become the bubble boy.

C

ChipsOwnerRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are sure that you opponent has KK, just simply fold, but I see that on the table was 22. If your opponent makes a big raise you have to fold anyway because you have QQ and your opponent can have three of a kind, so fold is the good choose with a hand like AQ and the common cards were Q2452.

B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes you have to trust your gut but i will say online is way harder to fold that hand than in a live game

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold the hand and wait for another hand or a better position. By holding onto the hand all you are doing is helping your opponent. Strike to take his chips rather than give them to him. AQ is a semi strong hand preflop, but depending on the board you might as well be holding 23 cause if you dont pair you've got squat and all you can hope for is that the other guy has lower squat.

Folding in Poker