Calling the river for a flush draw?

T

timegambler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi my first real post (I posted an intro and accidentally posted it into the international languages section.. fail :alien:)

I realize I need to tighten up this river aspect of my game. Rarely do I re-raise into a potential flush draw on the river. But I catch myself calling often and it either pays off or I get axed greatly.

I know when I have an Ace of the flush suit, it gives me added bluffing potential and the nuts. Also I know when it's cheap to see the river I always call. But sometimes when it's more expensive, it can be difficult to not chase the big pot.

What goes into your decision for calling to see the river?

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pagar en el river

Hi. That option to pay or not pay on the river is tied to the villain's bet size. if it is normal according to what is in the pot, a fourth or a half pot would call and if it goes there I would think about it more. Why can you leave me out of the tournament if the project does not materialize. And I say it because it has happened to me many times.

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the pod odds are good or If I'm a big stack and a small stack bets, yes.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Price to pay relative to the pot.

2. Do I have a hand that can win in a showdown?

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I find this tricky too - particularly if you are playing with people who don’t consider the odds when calling your raises on the flop and turn eg flush draw on board, u have a made hand, raise 2/3rd pot and they call, turn is a blank and u repeat. River is 3rd suited card and they bet big. So, u don’t want to pay them off and justify their poor calls but you wonder if they really have it. I guess that is how I started the discussion....that i suspect they have a flush draw.

I’m really new here too so adding to the discussion (hopefully) rather than answering 😁

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on situation

Everything depends on situation of that case's place.

An initiative and a position etc..

Full Flush Poker