Call, fold or limp?

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SIT & GO
The game is for 4 participants, the blinds are 200/400 with a ante of 25 and you (4000 chips) occupy the Big Blind with 8 8. The Small Blind (6000) pushes all in. You must?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SIT & GO
The game is for 4 participants, the blinds are 200/400 with a ante of 25 and you (4000 chips) occupy the Big Blind with 8 8. The Small Blind (6000) pushes all in. You must?

Yes, every single time. :)

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
variable that makes this one hard is the sitngo, is it a 9 man tourney, 3 places paid? so this is the bubble play really? unless with table history this guy is the bigges OMC nit, i think this is a call for sure. hes shoving so wide to put pressure on you, he could be easily doing this w/ any aces worse and worse pocket pair in which case you're way ahead, and if he has 2 overs... then its 50/50 and you ahve to win those flips to win anyting in poker.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely call. Hes trying to push ya from his spot... chances are hes just looking to steal your blinds. Gotta call him... its almost a 50/50 shot anyways.

If you're gunna go down, go out guns blazing!

A

AssasinsNick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is relative, if you have good cards, you will win, and there are even people who pay you without having anything. but, call haha

K

Ktv2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SIT & GO

In this situation you have max 10 BB if he’s the only one all in I call , if there s another one that called I fold .
8of 10 situation I will go all in

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket pair, vs a bully, shove..

With a chip bully, especially one that barely has you covered, if he's shown a pattern of pot--stealing with raises, I'd shove, give him a dose of his medicine. 88 is a decent shove, connectors are my preference, more outs than a pocket pair.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call. In addition, only 4 players play. A good chance to double the stack.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If this is a very passive player, you should consider folding (but this is in very rare cases), in most cases it is all-in !!!

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold this hand ..just wait to going to flop with good hand ..no all in pre flop..he have big stack and he don't risk with bad cards ..Good luck stay safe. :)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it’s TAG player I will fold, otherwise call. Most of the time people want to steal blinds, so most of the time you should be calling.

S

Schmittens

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't

SIT & GO

Fold.

Usually players go all-in with some face card or pair of their own. I don't trust 88 against anybody being that gung-ho and going all-in with face cards, let alone one face card. Plus they have the advantage with 99 or 10s. You still have 10 big blinds in your scenario; wait for a better pair or for some face cards, champ.

Consider if the other two participants fold, they're likely folding number-value cards. So, that decreases your chances of getting any of the remaining 8s in the deck as well as the numbers around it for a straight.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold.

Usually players go all-in with some face card or pair of their own. I don't trust 88 against anybody being that gung-ho and going all-in with face cards, let alone one face card. Plus they have the advantage with 99 or 10s. You still have 10 big blinds in your scenario; wait for a better pair or for some face cards, champ.

Consider if the other two participants fold, they're likely folding number-value cards. So, that decreases your chances of getting any of the remaining 8s in the deck as well as the numbers around it for a straight.

You do realize that every hand costs you an average of 175 chips right? If our hero folds 10 more hands, his stack will be halved. 10 hands! You're most likely not going to see anything better than 88 in 10 hands. Also, 88s are an above average holding facing a shove from an opponent in this scenario. You should call in these spots more often, you'll be surprised often when your opponent flips over Q6 or K4, or something like that. :D

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call, I just can't fold 88 with 10BB against someone who is likely to be shoving a pretty wide range against me.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With our stack call, we can’t wait for a better situation.

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would almost always call. You might not get a better hand for the rest of the tournament if you dont

O

Oli3579

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SIT & GO

Only 10 big blinds left, this is a mandatory call you. The odds are simply too good, your hand is too strong and his range can be so wide. Unless you have a specific read that villain doesn't know proper shove ranges and is far too tight this should be a snap call

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, 88 for 10 bbs is always all in, for 10 bbs with any A, I go all in against the sb

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go.

Put pressure on opponents friend learn to do this and you will see how it goes.
:ciao:

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As we are at BB there is no way to limp, but between call and fold I always call in this scenario. In the blind war with these stacks and this scenario has no way to fold, because the SB was pulling a very wide range in this situation, and the 88 will run well against this shove.

Folding in Poker