which player is he tight or aggressive

you need to identify the player during the game

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would depend on actual stack sizes and blinds. But if your stack is small and you cannot hope to go ITM without winning at least 1 more large pot then i would usually call in this situation, Only very few hands are a big favorite against you and most of the time you will be in a coinflip. Not that bad a situation when you are desperate for chips in a tourney.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wanting to add to this....it does depend on itm a bit..... how much is the itm spot? if its a small amount say under 2k tourney im all in 100%.... if is 10k tourney first pay is like 15 then might play diff but your biggest thing above says YOU NEED CHIPS in order to make itm.... So that makes this auto call for me... if situation a bit different or if i liked 88-1010 less i might consider waiting but really this is opportunity your looking for isolation good odds holding up on medium pockets that hit a ton of sets etc....again is a lot more to discuss on this imho but based on data this is pretty easy decision for me..... a lot of times when close to money we tighten up too much and miss a lot of opportunity..... if is small itm your much better off chipping up imho

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If chps are not much,better call or raise-that chance
is probably the last opportunity

Folding in Poker