Buy in!

K

Koksans

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How much buy in you have for your limit? How much is your bankroll? When up or hop down to limit? And what you are playing cash,mtt or somthing alse. Thank you!

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no good rules for this because everyone's situation is different. If you have a job and you can reload if you bust then br management doesn't matter a ton. If you want to climb stakes with somewhat small risk of reloading you can go with 200 buyins for cash and 500+ buyins for mtts (mid-large fields). You can be a lot more aggressive than that and also take some shots with a few buyins at the level above where you are currently playing if you want to climb fast and don't care as much about having to reload. If you play for a living and want almost no risk of going broke you probably need 300+ buyins for cash and 1000+ buyins for mtts. These numbers assume you are a decent winning player at whatever games you are playing.

This variance calculator might help give you an idea of what can happen at different win rates and roi %.

https://www.primedope.com/poker-variance-calculator/

https://www.primedope.com/tournament-variance-calculator/

Good luck.

Last edited:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I play poker when I have free time. This is usually 3-4 days a week, 3-4 hours a day. In most cases, I play freerolls. But sometimes, on weekends, I can play several buy-in tournaments up to $ 5.
Good luck.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For zoom cash I have 200 bi, for MTT 100 bi, for Spin'n'go 300 bi. Leveling up when I have said bi mount leveling down when losing 50% of br. But I want to say that i'm rly aggressive reg)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer tournaments and I never risk more than 2% of my bankroll.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im disabled is no such thing for me as a bankroll its how much I decide to leave online to play with...... so my management which at one point was spot on is gone... I play what I want when I want ...... I do well am a good player and do not need the money so its all cause I love the war of poker honestly..... I have fun i stress during each game if i lose 10 dollars i want to jump off a bridge haha..... but as long as I can be playing 3-4 games at a time? I am truly happy lol so thank god for freerolls cause that keeps me going::)

Walttinho

Walttinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning, I play tournaments and I never risk more than 5% of my bankroll. Good luck

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play $ 1 buy'in. he is advised to dip between 200 and 250 buy-in to play. I always prefer to play espresso and MTT bounty. I love these two formats but I also play roulette or sports betting when I just want to bet.