bubble

L

laicini

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good morning guys, all in peace, tell me how to play in the bubble with a pair of ace.:confused:

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on your stack
if you have less than 15bbs then all-in, if more then casually
don`'t throw them away or poker gods will curse you!

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a lot more you have to think about besides the cards you are holding. If you have a small stack then a pre-flop shove is the route I would take to both increase my chances of making the money and also increase my stack size for a run at the bigger payouts. If your stack size is not an issue then don't shove but be aggressive and raise to get the might-get-lucky junk hands to fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have the nuts, being on the bubble is pretty much irrelevant, unless its a satellite, and you already have enough chips to cash. So preflop AA is really easy. You just do, what you already do, which is keep on raising, until the action is closed, or all the chips are in the middle. Postflop AA is just a hand like any other.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that if I'm in a major tournament and let's say it will be my first time to get in the money and it will be my highest winnings right from the payout upwards. I hold AA and someone has open a raise of 4.5BB. My gut feeling tells me that if I played him with a re-raise, he will call me and that is when I would fold from the initial raise as I know for certain that I am destined to win huge amount of money from my 20BB stack. Why must I risk all my chips at the bubble when I know I'm going to win my biggest amount.

This is the only time I folded aces. Every other game I played whether in freerolls or sattelites, I most definitely raise or re-raise during the bubble.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely, It depends on the situation of the place.

Even a fold is possible.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmmmmmmm.........

good morning guys, all in peace, tell me how to play in the bubble with a pair of ace.:confused:

All-In, Preflop, All the time, no matter where you are in the tournament. A pair of Aces is like Donald Trump and the poker game is the RNC....All-In.....All the time! LOL!:D

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
With a pair of AA you have to play in an aggressive way or the best way is to go there and depending on your stack always trying not to risk more than 40% of them and in some cases the best thing is to flod since if there is a leader of chip to call your all in with any hand and unfortunately you have 45% that the variance plays you badly and you end up eliminated before the payment of prizes

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have less than 15bbs then all-in
why would you jam 15 bbs with aces? i can understand jamming over an open, a few limpers, or re-jamming with it, but to open jam with it is just silly. you don't get any value when you allow your opponents to fold all of their hands except the top 5%.

you allow opponents to play perfectly against you when you jam 15 bbs and you want them to make mistakes.
aggressively always
definitely lean more towards opening pots than not, but i wouldn't say 'aggressive always'.
I find that if I'm in a major tournament and let's say it will be my first time to get in the money and it will be my highest winnings right from the payout upwards. I hold AA and someone has open a raise of 4.5BB. My gut feeling tells me that if I played him with a re-raise, he will call me and that is when I would fold from the initial raise as I know for certain that I am destined to win huge amount of money from my 20BB stack. Why must I risk all my chips at the bubble when I know I'm going to win my biggest amount.

This is the only time I folded aces. Every other game I played whether in freerolls or sattelites, I most definitely raise or re-raise during the bubble.
this is interesting and an easy way to view it is: what are the payout differences between a min-cash and a win. if the difference is very small, then you might consider going for the cash first. but if the difference is huge, say $2 min-cash, $110 for a win, then you should always play to as cash as deep as possible because that's where the value is.

and this is especially true when you have aces on the bubble. you shouldn't be worried about not cashing with aces because you wain so often and you're going to do so much better as far as running deep with a bigger than a shorter one. ask yourself which gives you the better chances to win an mtt: folding aces on the bubble and having a 20 bb stack 100% of the time or risking it all and having a 40 bb stack 80% of the time? in my personal experience, it's going the latter 100% of the time.

now, one might argue that you can just fold into the money and double to 40 bbs afterwards, which is true. however, you can also find a spot to double with 40 bbs and bump to 80 bbs, after the bubble, and that's still going to put you in a much better spot to finish deep in the mtt.

if you're folding aces on the bubble, you're giving up so much value. yes, you will bust out 1/5 times on average and not cash, but the 4/5 times when you double up and run much deeper more than makes up for the times you bubble.
Completely, It depends on the situation of the place.
Even a fold is possible.
if it's not a satellite bubble or the minimum payout isn't a huge boost to your bankroll, you shouldn't be folding here. ever.
All-In, Preflop, All the time, no matter where you are in the tournament. A pair of Aces is like Donald Trump and the poker game is the RNC....All-In.....All the time! LOL!:D
very solid advice if you don't like getting value with the best hand and hate making money.
With a pair of AA you have to play in an aggressive way or the best way is to go there and depending on your stack always trying not to risk more than 40% of them and in some cases the best thing is to flod since if there is a leader of chip to call your all in with any hand and unfortunately you have 45% that the variance plays you badly and you end up eliminated before the payment of prizes
dont risk 40% of your stack with aces? what? you have aces, what are you afraid of. get your money and go for the max value instead of trying to 'save' that 60% of your stack because you're afraid to bust with aces.

and if chip leader calls you, thats great! now you're guaranteed a double up 80% of the time. that's the dream scenario when you have aces. 45% variance? where are you pulling your numbers? at worse, against one opponent, you lose 20% of the time.
---
folks, when you have aces, go for value. from the sounds of things, most would rather just jam your stacks in and pick up small pots majority of the time instead getting paid off on the best preflop hand.

what are you afraid of? getting out drawn? that only happens 20% of the time against 1 opponent, ~30% of the time (iirc) against 2 opponents. it's pretty hard to beat aces as long as you're thinning out the field and isolating as much as you can. it's completely baffling that so many would rather jam with stacks they can just open with and pick up small pots or even fold and not risking bubbling with aces.

if you want to run deep in mtts and win them, you're not going to do so by being afraid to play aces on the bubble. and my gosh, stop putting so much value on the money bubble when you have aces. bubbling with aces means nothing. if you're going to bubble because variance, then aces is the best hand to bubble with. the issues i think some players in this thread have are: they're afraid to play aces for value, they over value bubble situations and min-cashing, and they're not focused on the long term and are only thinking of the short term, what's happening now.

you have to think long term. yes, you might bubble when you get it in with aces, but guess what? it happens, say your 'nh, gg.' and move on. but, for every 1/5 times you bubble in this spot, you win 4/5 times and that's what the focus needs to be on. that's where the value is. that's what's going to help you run deep in mtts and take them down. is it guaranteed? no, but any decent player will tell you that having a 40 bb stack is much better than a 20 bb stack as far as having a better chance to run deep.

another way too look things, you should be more concerned about not being able to max out your value with aces than you are to lose with them.