BRM Whilst learning NL

M

minibeef

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, just a question to ask if iam going about things correctly!

I am still learning the game as a novice. So i am reading and playing, as i think i need exp of playing as well as getting as much info from books and this forum really. I've realised today (looking back on my deposit history) im deposting enough to put in about $50 (a recommended first amount ive read on this site somewhere, for getting started with BRM). But I like playing SnG's and the article i read, related to ring games. So with a $50 Bank Roll, would i be right with playing $1 games? or do i need to have a little more? and should i just be getting more knowledge from reading rather than trying to worry about playing and BRM? And i hate playing with play money full stop.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$50 is fine to play $1 SnGs. It's the amount I started with and with patience and a little luck I've never had to redeposit.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can beat the 10,000 play money level SnGs at Stars you should do fine at the $1 SnGs there. $50 should be fine to sustain you until you're ready to move up, unless you go crazy and play 50 in one week without stopping to review your play.

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just repeating what everyone is saying, but 50 buy-ins is perfect, that's what I use to this day. Just watch out for the rake $50 @ a $1.20 buy in is 41.6 games, so make sure you start winning :)

Good Luck and don't break the BRM rules

D

Dayne G.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Good Luck and don't break the BRM rules"

Be careful following any "RULES."

Figure out what works for you, BR-wise. It's fine to read, ask, and listen to others' "BR RULES," but everyone has different capabilities of replenishing.

Some need 50 buy-ins to play well... others need 25... others need more, or less.

Never stop figuring it out for yourself... EVERYTHING, not just BR.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the start set yourself a budget not a BR. Set a limit to your losses as they will happen until you become more adept at poker.