Books or Videos ,or practicing

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think book reading is unnecessary, of course when it comes to poker :)
You can learn much faster if watch pros and play some freerolls for some experience. In addition, i can offer online tutorials that I think are most effective.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’ve been using ICMizer lately (free version) to help with Push/Fold situations. It’s a great interactive tool, similar to what you’d see on pokerstars Poker School with their bluff trainer.

I’ve been wanting to read Doyle Brunsons Super System books but feel like they’d be more useful for live poker than Online

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting actual experience in helps out a lot. You can read a lot of books and watch videos, but going out there and actually play can help a lot in getting better.

Improve on your weaknesses and keep sharpening your strengths.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say playing, poker training videos and books have helped me the most. I find you have to practice what you learn in the training material.

Watching pros play is the worse way for me to learn as I am not playing against the same level of competition they are.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vids. the ammount of info is beeter/bigger. Usually books are outrdate (i do understand that vids go out too, but there ar eno (?maybe?) poekr VODs from 1975)

zipper2000

zipper2000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
should one be reading poker books or watch pros play ,or play in freerolls to gain experiance and expertise
Check out pro players twitch channels. It's works for me as well. Who needs poker books these days? It's can be useful only in psychological aspects. But it's only my opinion. Hard work with modern poker software is definitely the right key for success.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of the above. The simple formula is play, review, find weakness, study relevant material, play applying new knowledge, review and repeat.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now there are a lot of trainers and methods for training, and this will be a mess in my head.
it is better to start yourself from the very first steps and only then choose tedious material

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I believe everyone should try everything that can help him be improved in poker , to see which really helps him more . Books are great , but without practice and watching some real action , live or online (streamers) , imo this would be incomplete experience/lesson :)

D

dragon2wins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I recently started learning to play, who can tell what books are about poker, such books that really work, thank you.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really enjoy watching videos without comments to see the plays and how the players behave before and after flop, I watch both online and real table