Books

H

hDuc1234

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Hi guys, I’m a beginner and I want to improve my game. Do you guys know any books or courses that will help me? Thanks!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While there are some really good books out there the problem is most are older and not as relevant to today's games. It does not mean they are not helpful. Check out any book by Jonathan Little to start with and you won't go wrong. Do take Andyreas link to the CC course as well. It's really helpful.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As other have said, CardsChat poker course is amazing but let me quote once more Polished Poker Vol I, the author is the incredible John Anhalt, and if you cannot find the book in the learning thread, ask for the professor himself: @John A

Another book that is kinda old but has valuable insights is Poker Theory by David Sklansky.

Best regards;

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here would be my picks, as mentioned from others.

Strategies for Beating Small Stakes Poker Cash Games – by Jonathan Little

In this book, Jonathan Little talks about basic strategies you need to master to win in cash games but also focuses on specific ones that you’ll want to utilize against lower stakes players. Instead of trying advanced strategies or applying the GTO approach where it is not needed, learn how to take advantage of your opponent's mistakes and crush small stakes Hold’em. Games will be much easier after reading this book.

Excelling At No-Limit Hold’em – by Jonathan Little

Excelling at No-Limit Hold’em is an extensive guide for No-Limit Hold’em that covers everything you need to beat the games.
From fundamental strategies to more advanced concepts of ranges and adjusting your play to build the right approach to the game. This poker book will give you all the tools you need to become a winning player.

Applications of No-Limit Hold em – by Matthew Janda

Janda’s book has found its place on two lists – and for a good reason. The fundamental mathematical concepts of the game explained in the book are invaluable to all players and are essential for cash games. With stacks being much deeper on average, you’ll need to know your numbers, and Applications of No-Limit Hold’em will teach you all you need to know about them.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
First of all, this is our free course.
But I can also recommend you a wonderful book in which you will find a lot of useful information for yourself. At least this book really helped me. Jared Tendler - The Mental Game of Poker.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you want to let's say learn, the Cardschat course that @Andyreas mentioned is very good, you will learn quickly with practice of course.

The only books I have read are those by Doyle Brundson, Super system 1 and 2 and the wisdom of a champion are the ones I have read and they are very good.

As for my preferences, it is really watching a lot of poker online, especially MTT live and online.

I analyze plays, I see strategies, I really like doing it a lot.

My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: