Book recommendations

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Sklansky's 'Theory of Poker' is a classic and great way to start. 'The Mathematics of Poker' is an essential read, as calculating the pot odds, the likelihood of making a particular hand, etc are crucial to profit from poker, as well as knowing how to make positive EV decisions.

For tournament poker, any of Jonathan Little's books are good, as well as his online courses with a free trial.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you want to grow your love for the game and know the big legend that Doyle Brunson was? I recommend the book "The Godfather of Poker". A must for all who love the game!!

Do you want to go deeper in some concepts? Try "Applications of No Limit Hold'em" by Matthew Janda.

Do you want to try something different? Try "Mastering Mixed Games", by Dylan Linde. You won't regret learning the other poker games.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A book in general for beginners
Hi :)
In order to master the basics of the game, there is nothing better than our free CardsChat course. As for the books, I believe poker is a game where you have to learn as you go, provided you have mastered the basics of the game. I recommend to all beginners not to spend their own funds on the game, but simply to play freerolls for half a year or a year and thus increase their bankroll, improve the acquired skills and gain thorough experience.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doyle Brunsons super system 2 is a personal favourite of mine. As is Phil Hellmuths play poker like the pros. They are very cheap to buy online these days.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Doyle Brunsons super system 2 is a personal favourite of mine. As is Phil Hellmuths play poker like the pros. They are very cheap to buy online these days.

Phil Helmuth's book is total garbage! Talk about a huge waste of time. Even 20years ago when it was published it was trash (although when I was first starting out it helped me to work on identifying different player types).

Alex, try out the CC 30-day course. Once you're done with that and after playing for awhile, if you want more book suggestions I'd be happy to help. (I promise none of them will be written by Phil Helmuth)