Book recommendation

Ciro Santos

Ciro Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hello players, let's expand our poker-related reading lists by answering the following two questions to earn referrals.
1 What was, specifically for you, the best poker book you've read?
2 And what other book do you think is essential reading for any poker player?

H

hoangnamng13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Essential Poker Math - Alton Haldin.
I think it has all basic (equity, EV, odds, implied odds etc ..). It’s so very useful!

Ciro Santos

Ciro Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Harrington on Hold'em, A classic. Thank you friends

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Purposeful practice for poker by Dr Tricia Cardner and Gareth James.

Simply put, this book will teach you how to teach yourself how to play poker. For me this is the most valuable skill you can learn.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey Ciro Santos, how are you doing?
One quite useful book (actually three) that I've read some time ago and I really recommend is Winning poker tournaments: One hand at a time, by Eric Linch, Jonathan van Fleet and Jon Turner. They analyze hands explaining the thought process behind them. There are 3 books in the series, the first talks about the early stages, the second discourses the final stages of a tournament, and the third analyzes 50 isolated interesting hands.

Ciro Santos

Ciro Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hey Ciro Santos, how are you doing?
One quite useful book (actually three) that I've read some time ago and I really recommend is Winning poker tournaments: One hand at a time, by Eric Linch, Jonathan van Fleet and Jon Turner. They analyze hands explaining the thought process behind them. There are 3 books in the series, the first talks about the early stages, the second discourses the final stages of a tournament, and the third analyzes 50 isolated interesting hands.
Hi, I'm fine, and you? Winning a lot of tournaments around, I imagine… I saw these books yesterday, did you buy all 3? They caught my attention, now with you talking I'm even more interested in the books.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am good, winning not as much as I would like to haha.
I had the first two volumes in the past. But I sold them before going to college. Now that I came back to play, I've bought them again, and I am waiting them to arrive. I don't know, however, if they can be considered a great resource, because poker has evolved and changed a lot in the last few years, But I found the english version of the first 2 volumes for a small price, and I bought them just for the mere pleasure of having them. I will read them again, but comparing with modern poker theory.