Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi.
Would just like to get some responses on should your game be completely bluffs, completely honest, or a combination of both?
All experiences and styles welcome.:)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
Would just like to get some responses on should your game be completely bluffs, completely honest, or a combination of both?
A player that never bluffs will eventually stop getting value for their big hands. A player that always bluffs its getting called light and losing.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am everything and at the same time nothing. As predictable as unpredictable. I will not give you information about my game. LOL

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.

I think the game should combine these components. But only a player with sufficient skills and experience can effectively use these components in combination.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am everything and at the same time nothing. As predictable as unpredictable. I will not give you information about my game. LOL
The thread was hypothetical. It wasn't to quiz players over their OWN strategy of poker.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the start of the game I try to create a good image at the table and avoid bluffing. but after taking the time to analyze the playing style of my opponents. I no longer hesitate to bluff certain spots to succeed in increasing my stack. of course there is always a risk when you choose this option but to win at poker. we have to go through it. the best bluff is the one we build preflop.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should be balanced. You can not get maximum value from your hands neither by bluffing constantly nor by never bluffing.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't think you can be honest in the game of poker without fooling someone, it's impossible.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely keep your outs open. If you can raise big when you got a lot of outs and are chasing that last card to make your hand, I don't consider this bluffing.

It's not just about being honest or not. Gotta play the cards to the best of your ability!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think in poker, there can be nothing absolute. I usually just try to be unpredictable to my opponents.

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play lots of SnG and start with few chips so almost 85-90% of the time I'm no bluffing. I play so tight and honest creating a solid image on the table, and when the middle or end of the game approach I start to play more loose with a few bluffs

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like it is a combination of both and depends on what you are trying to achieve.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
85% honest, based on poker theory, 15% bluffs - such proportion I suggest.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There is no bluffing and honest play. Bluff is part of the game, and it is an important part. It is impossible to get the best cards all the time, so you need bluffing, which is a psycological excercise.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course your game should be comprised of both bluffing and straightforward play ... as others have mentioned a balance is important because anytime in poker you do the same thing over and over again ...... somebody is paying attention .. and they will make you pay ... either making you fold if you are too tight and honest or calling you down to bust you with junk ....

I much prefer to semi-bluff ( a bluff with outs ) so I have some equity work with .. but in position a complete bluff is sometimes a good thing too ... just can't get married to a hand if you take your shot and fail .. then get out and lose the least you can .. but a lot of the time you will find someone or someones that are unwilling to play marginal hands out of position and the fold you are looking for is perfectly reasonable ... many times the image you get pegged with getting caught bluffing is priceless to your game as well .... once again if any are paying attention : ) like most everything else in poker your play should be a response to your opponents tendencies ...

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think every situation is different, each game and players are not the same, a moderate combination of the two games is not bad,:)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Balance is everything, but paying attention to your opponents is important. Bluffing with complete air into a calling station is suicide, but a well constructed bluff against a straightforward decent player can be a huge weapon and very profitable.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is good when you have preliminary game data per player. Bluff. Use against weak players with short stacks. Often we put a bluff with aces on the board in the future that the other player does not have aces.)) Aggressive players often use bluffs.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it’s necessary to understand where you are playing and how you are playing .. bluffing should also be justified .. otherwise you will lose all the chips ... and this is useless to you, you just need to understand how you play. and experience is not superfluous

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd never win anything if I didn't bluff. How many times do you get dealt good cards, that also connect when others are willing to put a lot in the pot AND you ultimately win the hand? That happens once every couple of days for me, maybe, if I'm lucky.

Last edited:
Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.

I love to bluff and I think that bluff is the main component of poker, there is no poker without bluff