Bluffing or bluff catching which one are you better at?

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
bluffing.

But I think the question is a bit faulted, because it's heavily inclined to bluffing. I mean,you can bluff catch only on river, and bluffing may start even preflop.

If the question was whether people are better at bluffing or bluff catching on river, then I think a lot would answer bluff catching, because well, an average player loves to call :p :smile:

Everything is imho :)

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play cardchat games the easier it gets so ...

i disagree. i have played years against the same players in CC games and it gets complicated to bluff, because as you know how the rest play, there are a ot of guys that have a good knowledge about me. as well, there is a basic concept that you can't do the same trick all the time.

A

ALLRUS79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, bluffing is a big risk, because your opponent can catch you and it will cost you very much. That's why I prefer not to bluff, but to catch a bluff.

Alex.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I prefer to set traps for opponents. Opponents who often bluff are usually aggressive players and often make hasty and ill-considered decisions. If you watch the game closely, it is not difficult to catch such opponents.

There is actually one member here whose avatar in poker sites has text "i never bluff" i should imagine this is false advertising sometimes ...

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happy for you and your game. It seems to me that a player can play bluff after reaching certain heights in poker. I don't consider playing bluffs at the micros as an indicator of understanding this side of poker. But if you play at high limits and have achieved a stable income on this, then I take off my hat.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is actually one member here whose avatar in poker sites has text "i never bluff" i should imagine this is false advertising sometimes ...

I know who you're talking about. I saw this participant. But in any case, fake advertising is also advertising.:)

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I'm not very good at it, but I like to try to catch them, sometimes I pay for others in some hands, but I do it to know my opponent and there are some that soon give up, as well as there are some that I could never find a bluff.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I also love catching my opponents. I watch closely during the game, and I usually understand the bluff of my opponents well. All I need to do is be patient and wait for good cards. It's not difficult and fun. :)
Good luck.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really know, but looking back i have a feeling i am much better at catching bluffs, rather than bluffing myself. But i think im not too bad at bluffing either.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'm much better at bluffing than bluffing, it's hard to catch someone especially because you have to have a very good hand to know that your opponent is just bluffing, otherwise you don't have to have a great hand to bluff and make your opponent think you have a great game, I also think that when you bluff and get away with it and when you catch someone bluffing and win, it both feels good :D Regards.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like to think I'm good at both, but that is not what you ask. Going to say bluffing, like telling a fictional story on all streets.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
I like your thread !
I am not very good at either, but I am defenitily better at bluffing. When I bluff catch it feels like I am stationing at most times. But I am working on it !
Gl at the tables

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I’m been really good a calling bluffs. I called triple barrel bluffs few times made more money with mid pair than a good made hand as the betting patterns of triple barrel buffing usually doesn’t make much sense
I’m not as good with bluffing. I would say I only attempt to bluff is better when I prepare at least one street ahead when I certain cards comes on the board
Not to bluff without a plan is harder

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i love bluffing but to tell the truth i get cauth often

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'm better at bluff catching. Bluffing is difficult for me, especially triple barrels.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer two ways, it's easier to confuse the opponent.:)

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a world class bluffing player but I'm not too shabby at it I can hold my own when it's time to bluff. But I'm definitely better on the defensive side of bluffing when I'm catching somebody with the nuts. Sometimes even if I don't have the nuts I catch a nice hand that ensures my 3 calling. Rather it's a flush, straight, a set, etc. Especially if I'm in late position my opponent sometimes falls into the trap

Which one are you better at?

I rarely make a bluff, because I still don't know how to do it right, but when I do, I only make a bluff bet on the flop or turn or river, I think bluffing the three bets is very risky and also that it depends on who you are bluffing against and the bet size

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely bluff but when I do most of the time it works

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in bluff catching for sure, specially in live poker. When I play online, I bluff more than in live, but it's not that usual.

C

Ceto65656

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Both a bluffer and a bluff catcher. Hehe

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Blefe

1. So, I've bluffed a few times, but this with some rarity, I'd rather take someone's bluff than bluff, so the check raise never fails.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a bluff almost in most of the times that I find recreational players who always come to bet in very bad moments, in positions which always end up losing like the UTG for which I take advantage of this situation to steal chips from them, without good hands.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think bluff catching is ''easier'' in serious games because you can actually put your opponents in a range based on their preflop and post flop actions. Who can do this in the small stakes where the players are playing just for fun? I play for fun too but I mean I try to play good.

I remember myself calling down a hand , saying myself ''he can't have this hand right?'' I mean hands like 72o , 83o etc where no one plays them in early position for example. Big mistake you can't do that in small stakes. Fortunately for me I have learned from my mistakes!