Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a player who likes to bluff
The reason is because I do not know how to stop with a bluff
Often it happens that I'm out of the game for that
Do you like to bluff and do you have a control?

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this style of play implies a competent approach and the opportunity to stop in time or vice versa, to risk everything. find your style of play and everything will turn out.

V

Verfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff only when i have something as little as a small pair because i often play with players that want to go throgh to the river and they just can't stop.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing successfully has a lot of variables that are attirubuted to that success. Variables such as table image, position, opponents, timing. So considering all of these variables you can then go about formulating a strategy that encompasses bluffing. You dont just bluff cuz u can, have to have a reason for doing so and it shouldnt be a last minute plan. Bluffing is something you should set in your strategy, knowing when and how to execute. I do incorporate bluffing in my strategy and apprx 90% of the time i execute it im successful

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is making a mistake in order to get money quick... I guess you kind of need to in tournaments at times... In cash games there is little need but rarely the opportunity does arise I do suppose so.

Gulas

Gulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends of your stack and your position and the profile of other players. You must gather some evidence of what players might believe your bluff (usually tight players) and you'd have to be in position to make a good decision.

And it depends your own image of the table. If you play tight, the more other players might believe your bluff. The more you bluff, the less effective it becomes.

And of course, there's good RNGesus, there were times I bluffed, got called, had the worst hand, but won because RNGesus was at my side. Don't count on that.

Cheers.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff I use only at the beginning of the tournament and against the players several times less than me, in other cases pass!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff I use only at the beginning of the tournament and against the players several times less than me, in other cases pass!
That is the worst time in a tournament to do it...

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to bluff. And I'm very keen on this. This is a great feeling when the bluff was a success!
I carefully choose an opponent against whom you can bluff. Otherwise, you can lose your chips in a couple of minutes.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was bluffing in the game is very rare because I do not like too bluffing it takes acting skills and I don't have it ,and I always play online poker and online as the live will not be able to make a good bluff

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing should be based off your perceived range and your opponent's supposed range. For example if you raised UTG and the board comes AK2 rainbow it's expected that board is better for your range then the defending big blind. You have more AKs, AA, KKs in your range then your opponent so you should be able to easily take it down on the flop or the turn. Even if you had only 98s it's the fact that your "perceived" range would allow you to take it down with a pure bluff.

This is balanced out with when the times that you truly do have AK/AA/KK. You can't always be fit or fold vs good players. You will get read like a book if you never bluff and always play straight forward.

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only bluff when i have a monster draw :D

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it helps to think about how far you are prepared to go with your bluff before you enter the pot, that way you won't lose everything. You might say if everyone folds to me in late position I'll raise 3BB, then if everyone checks after the flop I'll make a C bet of half the pot. If you get raised fold. A lot of the time you'll take the pot just from that. Once you get comfortable you might want to also try bluffing the turn depending on the board.I'm still trying to get better at this too. :)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello you just understand when you should bluff and when not.

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to make bluffs at least 20% of your hands... you will hit 60% of your hands the flop.
The rest of 40% you will try a bluff of 20% where you could try showing a good hand.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to bluff even if it costs me money.

L

lyndap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing the good and bad of it

I would say it depends on the type of game you are playing. Tournament play or games with many tables and frequent player moves you could bluff the way through a few hands. If you are at a sit n go then bluffing should be done with caution as players observe play. Bluffing can be good because if you never bluff and you are at a table where you have played with people before they have a read on you. if you push, they will be more likely to fold. You also don't want to bluff ALL the time. Kind of like the boy who called wolf. someone will eventually call you

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are not suppose to catch yourself in a trap by bluffing.When was the bluff suppose to work?? Usually one stab bluffs are the way to do it.....depends on how the hand is unfolding. If you never bluff you are a fool but the great thing about bluffing is it makes reading you more difficult, you get called more often,and you win pots without having a hand.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of my bluffing is c-bet,check raise semi bluffing,check raise bluffs.....I never stone cold bluff. In cash games I all in bluff in tournament almost never.

N

ngk80

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I found that there should be a balance and not used often bluffing if we want the strategy to be profitable in the long term.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to bluff, but without the bluff poker impossible. Sometimes the key to a successful bluff is ignorance of the best choices. Bluffing is easier when you really do not know what else to do.