BLUFF SECTION

T

TheFireWall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When is the best moment of the game for you to bluff. When do you have Premium Cards? When do you think that nobody could connect something? Or when you know that the opponent knows that you have a monstrous hand?

R

RealNakedNomad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When is the best moment of the game for you to bluff. When do you have Premium Cards? When do you think that nobody could connect something? Or when you know that the opponent knows that you have a monstrous hand?

Its best to bluff a little every hand...good cards, bad cards...you don't want to look like you play anything a particular way.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's better to bluff when you press icm on opponents and you have a suitable stack

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When everybody Nit you have to add more bluff to your play

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually shoot the river to bluff, you always have to be sure obviously that your opponent has nothing

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the semi-bluff better. I don't like bluffing. Although... it's beautiful.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only know one thing: to be successful in bluffing, you need to understand all types of games (I mean loose and tight and their subtypes), have a good understanding of the theory and have good poker skills. And only then can you successfully bluff, because you yourself have gone through everything and understand what your opponent is doing at one point or another, and you can use it in your direction.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When there is a chance they'll believe it.

If you are playing someone who calls everything, they are less likely to believe it, and there has to be something on the table the believe you've connected. Even then, if there is 999 in the flop, and you bluff, where the only reason someone would call hat is four of a kind 9s or a good full house, there will be people calling your bluff with a high card queen. Don't bluff against those types much at all.

That said, it's easy to say that, but not always easy to follow your own advice.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard bluffs best work against regulars but not on fish.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Here's an old piece I wrote with 10 keys to successful bluffing - https://www.gripsed.com/strategy/successful-bluffing

Here's a video as well which will help you plan out your bluffs and the best players to do them vs.

Hope that helps mate!