Bluff or not to Bluff

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What i have noticed at lower stakes is that almost no one will re raise to bluff. Usually they're all in or something small like a min bet. Most of the time they will call min raise as well.

Harder to bluff at lower stakes... Noone takes you seriously...:D

timfbmx

timfbmx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think bluffs are very important. I have found they work best on very scary boards such as completed flush boards or paired boards. You can rep a flush or full house on the river with a huge bluff on the river in those spots pretty well and get away with it quite often I have found :)

G

GreatLeslie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being the preflop raiser and then cbetting on the flop even if you don't connect is a very strong bluff when done in the right spots, and of course you can pick up a lot of chips doing this so long as you're not doing it all the time.

Sometimes if you're up against a passive player who only usually bets if he has 'it' and he checks the flop, checks the turn, you can fire a bet just to try and win the pot there and then and it can be successful most of the time. But it can be quite situational.

W

Weisssound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. But "bluffing" can mean a lot of things. In medium or high stakes games representing strength when you don't necessarily have it is useful for balancing your range. On lower stakes, bluffing is more about beating up passive players for $$.

M

Mihas1986

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
us fishes dont bluff often, because they are collinstaithns, us regs u must know how to bluff

sar1767

sar1767

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant describe poker without bluff. But not so much.there will be a moment to bluff, u may feel it watching your partners attempts

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's an important skill yes, but needs to be used correctly. It's important also to know when and when not to show a bluff. I think to be well rounded player bluffing should be a part of your arsenal

nelo80

nelo80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never bluff , i dont like bluff... for sure??? ho knows

P

Pablo24A

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game. If you don't bluff it will go against you

When you see weakness on your opponent you must show strenght and kick him/her out of the hand

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the question is - to bluff or not to bluff - I would stay in the side of the latter. Bluffing is a necessity in SOME cases and it IS a thing to master, but generally speaking I would abstain of bluffing. In my experience it does pay off only if you know why and when to bluff - then, yes, it is a part of a good game. But otherwise not.

sar1767

sar1767

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the question is - to bluff or not to bluff - I would stay in the side of the latter. Bluffing is a necessity in SOME cases and it IS a thing to master, but generally speaking I would abstain of bluffing. In my experience it does pay off only if you know why and when to bluff - then, yes, it is a part of a good game. But otherwise not.
I am agree with you. Sure

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course there is also need it when you play poker. without the bluff you can not reach the heights in poker

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bluffing is an importan tool of poker , which must be used in order to have some variety in your play style , to gain many chips etc .
People who don't bluff don't manage to get better in the money positions in a tournament . I checked it on myself . I used to play very passively and almost never bluff, so the others bluffed me all the time and were stealing my blinds . So I tried to learn and use (still I have a lot to to learn ) bluff and semi bluff as much as I could from potition , to players I knew as passive and weak , not calling stations and bingo players , I used continuation bet and bets generally to exercise pressure upon my villains abandoning my limping behavior as failed . On heads up I also use it carefully.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you must bluff, it's part of the game. You bluff from time to time and now and again you let yourself get found out. If you don't, your opponents will soon come to realise that you are a one dimensional player and only playing top value hands, and you never will be in big pots.

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some bluff-skills are important to play poker. other players can read you like a book, if u playing without some bluffs ;-)

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is part of the game. But you have to wait good time to bluff,make a small raise to check what opponent have and how much can he pay.Do not go hard and all in with bad hand.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can be a good player without bluff but you never will win.

LLIypuk

LLIypuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty tight player, and therefore rarely bluffing.

M

money maker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way you can be realy good withouth bluffing..you can play one or two good tournaments but you can't be good player!!

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is necessary in the game when you are sure your opponent has nothing and you also increase having nothing, there are several cases ..